Job opportunities for level-1 cleared

Hi I have recently cleared level-1 and have also completed MBA in finance What are the job opportunities for level-1 cleared candidates in this rough going?

Also has anyone tried “CFA Jobline” How is the response for those in Jobline?

and here we go again…

You could get a job at McDonalds. L1 really isn’t that big of a deal. EDIT: Use the search function. This topic has been discussed multiple times on this forum.

You could get a job at McDonalds - they want someone with L2 pass. No chance for L1 passed candidate.

09 must be different. When I passed Level 1, I had a VIP invite to the Playboy mansion where I relaxed in a hot tub with 6 girls named Tiffani. The next week when I got home, I had a large manila envelope marked ‘confidential’ from Goldman. Aside from all of that, I could get my way anytime simply by dropping, “I passed Level 1 of the CFA Exam.” It worked wonders with bimbos at the bar, attaining boxed stadium seats, and weaseling my way out of police traffic stops. It is a shame times have changed, the enormous pass rate in 09 must be the reason.

QuantJock you have a good sense of humor

AbhiJ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > QuantJock you have a good sense of humor +1

I haven’t bothered to add CFA L2 Candidate to my CV. I am not looking for a job right now anyway.In this market CFA L1 is not exactally a selling point. Best thing is to try internally through your firm.However if you have work ex which alone is useful for I Banks etc CFA L1 can boost your chances.

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 09 must be different. > > When I passed Level 1, I had a VIP invite to the > Playboy mansion where I relaxed in a hot tub with > 6 girls named Tiffani. > > The next week when I got home, I had a large > manila envelope marked ‘confidential’ from > Goldman. > > Aside from all of that, I could get my way anytime > simply by dropping, “I passed Level 1 of the CFA > Exam.” It worked wonders with bimbos at the bar, > attaining boxed stadium seats, and weaseling my > way out of police traffic stops. > > It is a shame times have changed, the enormous > pass rate in 09 must be the reason. my boss didnt even congratulate me when i dropped the news to him!!!guess it wud take much much more than L1 to command some respect!!!

In all seriousness, it only helps marginally. Few jobs require a cfa candidate; they usually want a charterholder. My boss at the time congratulated me on passing the certified financial advisor exam(CPA firm). Best of luck to you on the job search. Lots of helpful members here

it is nothing if you don’t have relevant exp

I landed a job from passing L1. They’re were looking for some entry level professionals who are currently pursuing CFA course. With a caveat, have some business development and investment knowledge. I do not know which point was the reason I got the job, but I did mention in my resume, I passed level 1 and currently writing level 2.

Keelim… in which company u r working ??

WORKING EXPER. is the name of the game …accademic credentials is only a plus

Passing level 1 doesn’t do anything since it is really a memory dump. I forgot everything once I left the exam. They may pat you on the back for pursuing the CFA, but they should really care less since the difficulty isn’t extremely high, a fact of which many employers are aware. Keelim, I don’t think your current employers hired you because you passed level 1. Your statement, which you will learn soon studying level 2, is an example of spurious correlation, similar to an example found elsewhere on this forum: “I got laid the night before the level 1 exam and passed. I did not get laid the night before the level 2 exam and failed, therefore, in order to pass the level 2 exam, I must get laid the night before.” P.S. I did not get laid the night before the second level, which I completely regret, but I did pass it.

@ sreeraju, It all depends on where you did your MBA from. You might consider approaching some smaller shops including some sell-side recruiters or some KPOs that work for IBs till the time you get the role of your choice.

I want to get laid every night!

Obviously the L1 will help somewhat. I love all the bitterness from those who passed L2 who are still on this forum - I’m betting that all of these bitter responses from L2 passers are the individuals who thought their lives would be changed after L2 but quickly learned that L2 doesn’t mean much either!

Passing L1 will be good once you already have the interview and their deciding between you and a non-CFA candidate. If they say, “we like them both equally, and their stats are pretty much the same with the exception of the CFA candidacy” then you will obviously get hired. I’ve seen some positions that specifically state, “Must have MBA or be a CFA Level 3 candidate”. I’ve never seen one that states Level 2 candidate. Bottom line, it will never hurt.