Jobs in Spain for US citizens?

Anyone have some knowledge about working in Spain? I’m in the states. I’ve always thought about Spain ever since I spent a month over there during college. I’m sure it wouldn’t help that I’m not fluent in Spanish, but I figure I could put some effort behind that task. Do Spanish companies desire US employees? I loved the cities, the culture, the weather, and the people.

I’m a fan of seafood paella

ShurmonMcCoy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I loved the cities, the culture, the weather, and > the people. How about the unemployment and rioting?

I would wait it out for a bit… Spain has 20%+ unemployment…

Most people like Spain for the reasons you describe, but it’s really hard to find a decent position over there. Unemployment is over 20% and Spain has been massively hit by the busted property bubble. As a foreigner who is not fluent in Spanish, it will be even harder. I guess your best bet would be to try and apply to US companies with a branch in Spain.

we dont call them PIIGS for no reason… sooner or later it will get slaughtered.

I’m not currently desperate for a job and I understand today or the next 12 months is not the best time to pursue a Spanish job.

You need fluent (near native) Spanish. Otherwise no dice, irrespective of their unemployment rate.

ShurmonMcCoy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone have some knowledge about working in Spain? > I’m in the states. I’ve always thought about > Spain ever since I spent a month over there during > college. I’m sure it wouldn’t help that I’m not > fluent in Spanish, but I figure I could put some > effort behind that task. Do Spanish companies > desire US employees? > I loved the cities, the culture, the weather, and > the people. Why Spain ? If you like the beaches, the sun and the Spanish language just move to LA, it’s probably easier for you as many of the locals speak English as well :slight_smile:

ShurmonMcCoy, what’s your background ? send me your cv antoniocmsilva at gmail com if you want a job here: www.ets.es quant based, half are engineers / mathematicians, but there are operations / product development types (you don’t have to speak spanish, and visa is not as hard to get as the other way around)