John Harris Seminar...

Can anyone give feedback on Harris sessions held in Houston and other cities? Is it worth attending ?

do a search, you’ll see alot of positive reviews. I’m going to one next weekend.

Do you promise you won’t go to the Chicago class and make it overcrowded?? :wink: I’ve really hesitated to hype him up too much until after I take the Level II course because I loved the small class size last year… though he does claim that space is limited. Took his course for Level I and it was well worth it, scored over 70 in FSA on the exam. I have a finance/econ backgroud, but nothing accounting related (not even a college course) so most of the material was brand new to me. He made everything incredibly easy and taught how to intuitively solve problems rather than waste time memorizing rules, ratios, etc. Not only did it help with FSA, but knowing I had that topic nailed allowed me to spend the majority of that final month focusing on other topics. I’m registered for his course for Level II. If you search on his name you will surely find more feedback.

I signed up for his class in Boston. I’m actually pretty excited, 2 days of hardwork to get FSA out of the way. Everybody hypes him up. I’m going to feel so let down if I don’t get too much out of it!

i’m driving from Rochester NY to see John Harris next week in Boston… well worth the trip! I’m a finance & bond guy so my brain doesn’t really absorb the accounting stuff (even with an MBA having pounded the material in my head once already)… JH has a great way of translating accounting into plain english!

I m from Asia…is there anyway i can learn some techniques thought by him…can anyone share…I am also non accounting background…

Geranimo, Yes, fly to the states and take one of his classes! Honestly, I’m not trying to be a prick, but I don’t know what you are expecting. There is simply no way that 16 hours of teachings from a master can be translated to an AF post. Your next best bet may be to purchase Stalla’s videos. I’ve never seen them myself but Peter Olinto seems to be very well thought of around here.

I just registered for the one in NY… but I would have preferred it were on March and not on April to have more time…

I just realized I spent over 2k on CFA prep! I better pass this time around.

Hi Chi Paul, I am from India. Stalla does not deliver videos to India. Any suggestions as to how I could get those here. Thanks.

Yes, i would definitely recommend the Harris workshop. I took the one in Houston last year. worth the money.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I signed up for his class in Boston. I’m actually > pretty excited, 2 days of hardwork to get FSA out > of the way. > > Everybody hypes him up. I’m going to feel so let > down if I don’t get too much out of it during the class, you might be telling yourself that he is good, but not as good as everyone says he is (he’s achieved god like status here) the 2 full days of accounting and fsa will grind anyone down… but if you take good notes, take the material he gives you and just work it inside out, you will dominate fsa… you will know during final review the true value of a harris class. no i don’t work for him. but he was a huge reason i did well on fsa last year.

Daggny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi Chi Paul, > > I am from India. Stalla does not deliver videos to > India. Any suggestions as to how I could get those > here. > > Thanks. it looks like they do… kinda http://www.stalla.com/cp/index.cfm?CFID=10939113&CFTOKEN=35972690

Thank you all, Appreciate your feedback. I will make my time to attend.