John Harris's Accounting Workshop

So everybody has been saying that he’s the man to see if I want to ace the accounting section of the CFA. Well I’m really bad at accounting so I need all the help I can get. I did ok (50%-70%) on accounting for level 1. If I can get 70-100% on level two I should have a really good chance of passing. I’ve been taking the BSAS review course but the accounting teacher was just bad and I barely got anything out of it. So I dropped another 500 bills and signed up for his course. I already put in ~30-40hrs for level 2 accounting section but don’t feel like I understand everything fully enough (i’m a slow learner). So… for those people who took his course before what would you suggest I should do to get the most out of the course? This question applies to level 1 and level 2 people.

I took Harris workshop and 07 and got +70 in FSA! Highly Recommended!

for level 1 or level 2? Did you study for accounting before you had the workshop with him? How comfortable did you feel with the material before hand? I already put in 30-40hrs and feel like I need another 40hrs before i’m 80% confident on the material… argh…

No Doubt, go do it. No accounting in college, dont like it and dont consider myself especially good at it. Took Harris course in NYC for L2 and i think got 70+ and passed the exam. best money and time ever spent even though it makes for a miserable couple days.

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I took Harris workshop and 07 and got +70 in FSA! > Highly Recommended! Where did you fly to for the class?

farney Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No Doubt, go do it. > > No accounting in college, dont like it and dont > consider myself especially good at it. Took > Harris course in NYC for L2 and i think got 70+ > and passed the exam. > > best money and time ever spent even though it > makes for a miserable couple days. That’s good to know, I recently signed up for the same class.

Nice, this is getting me excited! farney Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No Doubt, go do it. > > No accounting in college, dont like it and dont > consider myself especially good at it. Took > Harris course in NYC for L2 and i think got 70+ > and passed the exam. > > best money and time ever spent even though it > makes for a miserable couple days.

yup, i’ve heard rave reviews, looking forward to it next weekend.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So everybody has been saying that he’s the man to > see if I want to ace the accounting section of the > CFA. Well I’m really bad at accounting so I need > all the help I can get. > > I did ok (50%-70%) on accounting for level 1. If I > can get 70-100% on level two I should have a > really good chance of passing. I’ve been taking > the BSAS review course but the accounting teacher > was just bad and I barely got anything out of it. > So I dropped another 500 bills and signed up for > his course. I already put in ~30-40hrs for level 2 > accounting section but don’t feel like I > understand everything fully enough (i’m a slow > learner). > > So… for those people who took his course before > what would you suggest I should do to get the most > out of the course? This question applies to level > 1 and level 2 people. I think Level 2 accounting you are fine without goign to him, cause the accounting in Level 2 is more about practice and understanding concepts. They are fairly straight forward, if you do each of the topic questions like 3-4 times. Which I did for the preperation of the exam.

worth every dime.

I am doing philadelphia on march 20 and 21

Everyone speaks of Harris very highly. I am from asia and unfortunately can’t attend the course. I am non accounting background. Can anyone summarize technique taught by him. Plz advise how to crack FSA without attending the course. I am sure you understand the urgency of mastering FSA.

He us sumply THE.MAN. I.ve seen dozens of sopeakers over the years manu of themn were teachers. John is the most prepared, most thorough, most smooth and well-spoken teacher I’ve ever seen. He has ways of presenting things that make them “sticky”. He also gives out a hotebook with his notes/summaries/worked solutions. And he’s an old-school gentleman (a well-raised Southern Boy. You will not regret it.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA_Halifax Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I took Harris workshop and 07 and got +70 in > FSA! > > Highly Recommended! > > > Where did you fly to for the class? Boston, I actually drove down with a friend to save $$…only 10 hr or so drive from Halifax! I did Level II workshop with him, and would echo the sentiments above…just a really great straight shooting classy guy who knows his stuff, but isn’t arrogant about it. You’ll be thankful for it come June 6th and again in late August!