John Tortorella has pride, and should retire Megan Rapinoe's dumb a--

^I support the right. But I still think he’s an idiot POS.

But people have an inherent right to be idiot Ps of S, if they so desire.

the sit-ins and jackie robinson’s actions in the civil rights era and before were major events. jackie robinson didn’t get the respect that kaep gets and he didn’t get the paycheque that kaep gets. are you really comparing jackie robinson in the 1940s and 50s to kaep now? come on. it is a completely different world. to use 1940s/50s tactics and expect to get anywhere near the same result is idiotic. plus, what kaep is fighting for is incredibly different from what jackie and civil rights folks were fighting for. in the 40s/50s/60s you were fighting for a seat at the table. kaep is at the f#%king table. and he sits. what a clown and a waste. so he sits on the bench for a while and maybe a few people feel guilted into sitting with him. then what? trump pays every black person in the country $20k per year so they don’t commit crime anymore and cops stop shooting usual suspects?

The local Dick’s just called and they just got a shipment in of Kaep jerseys. The manager is holding one for me. Can’t wait to run over at lunch to pick it up. I’m going to get it personalized. Should I put “Freedom” where the names goes, or “F Tha Police”?

I think it’s becoming more clear what this is really about…

Yeah, ignore the fool. The Canadian troll isn’t even as subtle as he thinks he is.

??? i’m confused. are you assuming i’m a racist so that you don’t have to come up with a rebuttal?

kaep is protesting against a socioeconomic problem. he should donate his wealth to his fellow race and that would be part of the solution. there is no solution to the current BLM crusade. there were 1000 easy solutions as a result of the civil rights movement. doing civil rights things while you have full-on civil rights doesn’t make sense. additionally, there will always be a small number of racist d#%k cops.

That may be part of it. But more simply it’s clear that much of your stance at this point is driven by your own bias against his position. It’s funny how neatly the dividing line of public opinion on his act of protest is decided by whether or not people agree with the underlying stance. Also, it’s stupid to think that giving his money away will solve structural racial injustice (which is his stance) and even sillier to call for that to simply justify his act of protest.

I strongly disagree with BLM, but even I can see you’re incapable of unbiased thought on this one.

Image result for thread going off topic

We have an African American Attorney General (The last one was AA too), we have an AA supreme court justice (almost half are minorities), We have an AA President but the US is structurally racist.

Dude, OK, not sure what is so hard for people to grasp here. I clearly stated that that is his stance and I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT. What we are discussing is his form of protest, which is =/= from whether or not I agree with the underlying point he is representing. The last sentence I stated above clearly makes the point you are missing. Feel free to say his stance sucks, but people throwing a hissy fit over his form of protest or decision to protest at all are 1) largely wrong and 2) are usually just voicing displaced aggression RE: BLM.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mattress-company-condemned-tasteless-9-223426110.html

No less offensive that what Kap & Rap do.

lol OH KAY

But Obama is only 50% Black therefore the USA is still 50% racist. Sorry, dem’s da rulez.

I see Kaep having quite an impact on the protest scene across the NFL:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/kansas-city-chiefs-marcus-peters-raises-fist-anthem/story?id=42014459

i think what he’s doing is stupid and a waste of time given his opportunity set. you love him to death irrespective of his actions. i don’t even know who he is and why he’s important as i’m from canada and like many canadians, believe that football is a terribly boring sport.

I actually couldn’t have told you what team Kaep even played for before this whole thing broke. So I doubt it’s that I love him to death in spite of his actions.

And now South Park is going to weigh in on the subject with their season premier tomorrow. This is going to be great.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/13/south-park-takes-on-national-anthem-protest-cops-are-pigs/

Ill have to look that one up! Dont have cable so i dont see much, love Trey & Matt’s take on things they can usually make decent points while making fun of everyone involved in stuff like this. I assume they took Greenie, didnt change one thing, and stuck him into a SP episode.

Team USA is already knocked out of the World Cup after 2 uninspiring games.

What’s more embarrassing to a nation? Someone sitting down during the National anthem or an entire team displaying no heart while wearing the USA logo on the international stage?

If Tortorella had any pride, he would retire. Always has been an overrated coach.

And an absolutely pathetic showing… He still has a right to disclose his feelings on current events to the press, but just as everyone negates Kaeps opinion by frequently bringing up that he isnt even a starter, its easy to bring up this fact for Torts. Hockey coaches are pretty disposable anyway