Jop Posting Advice

Does this count toward required experience? How much does it pay? Should a back office grunt/ LII candidate just be excited that anything resembling non-BO work came up? Any thoughts would be most appreciated. Responsible for supporting the preparation and production of quarterly client reports, including equity commission recapture reporting, manager guideline audit reports, and Consultant Score Sheet reports. This position will support the Private Client Manager in establishing new accounts on the system, inputting data from the custodian, as well as auditing that information for accuracy by communicating directly with the investment manager to cross reference performance and transaction data. This position is encouraged to attend all Wilshire Conferences in order to stay on top of product development. Assists the Senior Private Client Investment Consultant in servicing the needs of all the Investment Consulting clients, both active and prospective. This includes responding to incoming client requests, assisting in the preparation of responses to Requests for Proposals for new clients, and facilitating the transfer of funds for existing accounts by drafting letters of authorization in addition to all other special projects. Acts as custodial account manager (ie- execute trades and manager the transfer of funds) for clients that do not have a master custodian. Completed special projects as required. Updated RPU and other necessary databases used for client report production and special projects for departments outside of Investment Consulting.

“Responsible for supporting the preparation and production of quarterly client reports” Isn’t this BO? “This position will support the Private Client Manager in establishing new accounts on the system, inputting data from the custodian” Still BO, but you get to talk to guy in FO. “This includes responding to incoming client requests, assisting in the preparation of responses to Requests for Proposals for new clients, and facilitating the transfer of funds for existing accounts by drafting letters of authorization in addition to all other special projects.” Taking calls, opening new accounts, and fetching coffee. "Acts as custodial account manager (ie- execute trades and manager the transfer of funds) for clients that do not have a master custodian. " How often does a client not have a master custodian? Correct me if I’m wrong but I think this position is just a step above BO and nothing more. I’d say hold out for a better position if you don’t have your job. Use the time that you have now (I presume that you’re in BO) to study for L2. Once you clear L2 and the market gets a bit better, resume your job search in a real MO/FO job. GL

Your job is what you make of it. Try to branch out a bit in terms of your daily responsibilities in order to learn and gain from new experiences. In the meantime, continue pursuing your charter and work hard. Hopefully, your efforts and talents won’t go unoticted and more opportunities will come your way.

Can you cite the parts of the CFA curriculum that you use (frequently) in your job? If so, you have a shot. If not, it looks like it’s not about making investment decisions.