Jr. Analyst Position

Just got off the phone with the hiring manager. Said she wants to pass my resume off to the analyst team. This is for a fairly large investment firm. Their offices are close to my current one so I was thinking of walking it over there tomorrow and giving it to the HM on nice paper, etc… Your thoughts?

I’d actually say no. Just practically speaking, she probably wants a soft copy so she can pass it around easier. Plus any sort of HR type typically hates anyone that breaks routine. Sometimes going above and beyond isn’t the best route. Just my initial thoughts…

Cashews. Bring her cashews and you’re fixed.

Scented, pink parchment. JK, sounds like a good call, though I dont know the mindset/attitude of analysts toward soft skills. If it was a Sales Manager I would say definitely.

Hand delivering a hard copy resume = sign of desperation = ding

Sweep the Leg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’d actually say no. Just practically speaking, > she probably wants a soft copy so she can pass it > around easier. Plus any sort of HR type typically > hates anyone that breaks routine. Sometimes going > above and beyond isn’t the best route. Just my > initial thoughts… Thanks. This makes sense. This whole process is so damn annoying.

SMIRK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hand delivering a hard copy resume = sign of > desperation = ding I disagree, the way these people go through resumes, you can`t lose doing something different.

Something different = ding. See other thread about telling “your story”.

SMIRK–you would be the toughest interview in the league, I’d love to see you tear someone apart in an interview “So I grew up in Compton…” “GTFO out of my office!” lol

SMIRK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Something different = ding. See other thread about > telling “your story”. who the hell is looking to work for you? i really don’t need to know as I am not one of them. DING!