Hi guys, Looking for advice based on some past experiences. If you get an offer, but are in final rounds of other positions and want to delay on one offer if you can – what can you do? Will employer get pushed away if you say you are in final rounds at other places and want to finish informed decision? Thanks as always ahead of time
You can say you want to take a few days to consider the offer. Typically they might just give you one week. Then ask the other places to speed up their process by telling them you have an offer. But don’t expect this will work all the time. If not, take the first job offer. Good luck!
Reputable employers will understand and respect the situation. Try to get a firm yes/no date from those still in orbit, and see if the one on the ground can wait that long. Usually they will.
DarienHacker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Reputable employers will understand and respect > the situation. Try to get a firm yes/no date from > those still in orbit, and see if the one on the > ground can wait that long. Usually they will. Agreed- don’t just ask for a couple of days; ask them, “when do I have to let you know if I want to except”…usually they’ll be lenient. If they make you tell them how long you need, say a week. If by the end of that week you still aren’t finished all of your other rounds except the offer on the table but tell them you can’t start until another week or two weeks (whatever is reasonable). By then you should have all of your offers and should be able to choose and renig on the one you accepted…sounds bad b/c you’re leading them on but oh well, you have to look out for yourself.
Pardon my typos and missing words. I meant *accept, I wrote it at 5:47am, give me a break.
no problems with the typos…thanks what the heck were you doing up?