June 2012 Candidates. Progress as of Jan 3, 2012

Economics 2012 is rewritten. It’s totally different, you should study it from the new notes not the 2011

just finished quant today. Did all the eoc questions again just to really see where i stand at this point. next up is econ which i should run through, being a economics major in college.

CFAI material has too much fluff in it. What I like about Schweser is that they get straight to the point. They only feed you the LOS which is more direct than the CFAI volumes… I’m barely getting through corp. finance. I need to speed things up!

Just started studying this weekend. Looks like I am a little behind everyone. Working full time in an unrelated industry but hoping all this new material will keep me motivated (although session 1 is a bit dry so far, hoping the others are more…exciting). Anyways, good luck to all!

Is it too late to start? Which material is good, Elanguide or Schweser or just CFAI material? I read few chapters from CFAI - Derivatives and Alternate investments, could not figure out what’s important for exam. I felt like I’m reading history of derivatives. How much does it cost for Econ/Schweser?

Hey you are not alone, I’m planning to start this week as well.

Hey you are not alone, I’m planning to start this week as well.

thnks for reply

the CFAI material is not too useful. they literally add pages just for the sake of adding pages. the only thing that is useful in the CFAI material are the EOC questions, and if you are confused on something you can use those books to clarify it. i’m using Elanguides which so far i’ve really liked alot. its straight to the point and written in a very simple yet effective way. the elanguide package i bought cost a little over 300. definately worth it.

hi all, I am shocked or afraid now after reading these comments that u all are so ahead in studying. I just started studying, but as i joined coaching, i am in touch with topics like quant, fixed income analysis, and now FRA. I know i have to speed up. thanks all for motivating me in this way. Please keep commenting about your study status. gud luck…

Wow you guys are flying! I guess it gives me motivation to pick up the slack a bit, hopefully once I get a more established routine and works slows down a bit I can get on a nice groove. Just finished reading 1, taking notes and reading Schweser notes afterwards to hopefully hammer in everything. Perhaps, I am going too slow? Actually looking forward to the other chapters and hope they are a bit more interesting then reading 1.

I only finished eco and i feel that i am way too behind… i am going to start with FRA and iam afraid that it’s gonna take a very long time! I feel so stressed out… Can i make it?!

I’m done with Ethics, Quant, and two out of the three Econ sections and feeling good :slight_smile: