June Lvl1 retakers, where are you now?

Just curious where the people who didn’t pass in December are now in terms of preparation. I figured I’d do it right this time and use the CFAI books a lot more but have been so busy with work that I’m only about half way done my first CFAI book (FRA). Where is everyone else and what are your plans going forward?

For Level I using CFAI is not that big of a deal. If you compare the stuff that Schweser misses to cover, it is the stuff you wont remmber anyway. So you are going to spend 3x as much time reading things that wont stick in your head, and would not be on the exam. Schweser is great for Level I, just do 1 read of CFAI books, and from then on use Schweser. Dont blame Schweser and say “I’d do it right this time”. Thousands of people passed with Schweser. You were doing something wrrong, maybe not enough time or focus. Even for Level II, people put down Schweser, it realy is not that bad. These miss tinny stuff here and there but I doubt anyone who masters all the rest would fail! Good luck, see you at Level II forum in 100 days !

There is no reason to ever open a CFAI book for level 1. I passed in December with greater than 70% in all sections except deriv, and I never took the CFAI books out of the box. The key to being successful with Schweser for level 1 is understanding that everything they bother to put in their books is important…everything. Know the sections that are only verbal (indicies, efficient markets, etc) like the back of your hand and you will be fine. Those questions count just as much as being able to compute the pv of an annuity or the price of a bond. I really can’t think of more than a question or two from the Dec exam that wasn’t touched on in Schweser in detail.

cjs238 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There is no reason to ever open a CFAI book for > level 1. I passed in December with greater than > 70% in all sections except deriv, and I never took > the CFAI books out of the box. The key to being > successful with Schweser for level 1 is > understanding that everything they bother to put > in their books is important…everything. Know > the sections that are only verbal (indicies, > efficient markets, etc) like the back of your hand > and you will be fine. Those questions count just > as much as being able to compute the pv of an > annuity or the price of a bond. I really can’t > think of more than a question or two from the Dec > exam that wasn’t touched on in Schweser in detail. you did not pass with >70% in all sections if you got one below. Stop saying that, it is misleading and dishonest.

“you did not pass with >70% in all sections if you got one below. Stop saying that, it is misleading and dishonest” i dont see anything misleading or dishonest the guy clearly said that he did not get > 70 on derivatives but i disagree with him about not needing to open the CFAI books at all. if you read them once, you will be thankful when you get to level II Schweser is very exam passing oriented, but Level I books are oriented to passing you Level I exam only and they are not made to give you deep understanding that you might need later

why would you not do the CFAI EOC questions?

Out of topic! SFoyil is asking for those retakers’ progression and plans.