June11 or June12??

Alright, this question is doing great rounds on this forum right now, but my problem is bit different. I cleared CFA L1 in dec10 (all topics>70 except quant>50). I currently have my CA final(considered toughest course in finance in India) in May 11(2-16 may). Well, I am good at understanding,retaining and expressing concepts (till now in my academic career). I am good at finances. I WISH to attempt CFA L2 in june11. The only reason I am tempted to do it now is because I would have been employed(hopefully) by the time June12 comes and the opportunity cost of taking leave would be too high ! My parents have told me that they will stand by my decision and are ready to take an educational loan for me. (Fees in INR = approx 33000) Do you think by any case, I can attempt CFA L2 in June11 after studying for 20 days flat(16 may-5 june). I am ready to put my life in to it-studying 14-15 hours a day then!

and one thing i forgot to add… feb march april, i will be totally absorbed in to my CA studies!! have nearly 10000 pages of text pending to go before my eyes!! :open_mouth: so theres no room for CFA till then.

Compare the content of L2 with your CA. Evaluate how much of it is common. How did you study for L1? Was it easy or did you have to struggle for it? Read what everyone says about L2. It is definitely harder than L1. Now evaluate if you can prepare in 20 days.

finsol Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Compare the content of L2 with your CA. Evaluate > how much of it is common. > How did you study for L1? Was it easy or did you > have to struggle for it? > Read what everyone says about L2. It is definitely > harder than L1. > Now evaluate if you can prepare in 20 days. L1 was definitely easy. where can i get content of L2? all my mates failed in L1! anyways,thanks for your advice!!

L2 definitely requires more than 20 days of studying however hard you study. the course content is not very difficult but surely more difficult than L1. The main thing that separates L2 from L2 is the type of questions asked in exam. they are case studies and require lot of practice. My advice would seeing that your parents are taking loan for this would be dont go for it this June. It will be pure gambling. All the best in whatever decision you take…

no way you can study for L2 in 20 days. 15 hours a day won’t matter, it is just too much to retain in such a short period of time. also, those will not be 15 quality hours per day. wait until 2012

no. you won’t be able to pass CFA level 2 with 20 days of study, not even with 40 days.

Hey…the CA curriculum doesnt cover L2 matter…CA final is undoubtedly exhaustive…suggest you focus single mindedly on CA finals at the moment considering the efforts and time you wld have already put into it…and your plan for 20 days for L2…sounds like a sheer gamble !!

after reading all ur comments above, i feel like a dumbhead! sheesh…what was i thinking…!! thanx for ur advise…everyone. so now CFA L2 goes to june 12. (wish there was a december 11!) BTW,how many hours does it generally take to see off whole of CFA L2 notes for a person who found L1 easy??

chintubaba313 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > after reading all ur comments above, i feel like a > dumbhead! > sheesh…what was i thinking…!! > thanx for ur advise…everyone. > > so now CFA L2 goes to june 12. (wish there was a > december 11!) > > BTW,how many hours does it generally take to see > off whole of CFA L2 notes for a person who found > L1 easy?? Yes, wish there were a Dec 11 !! Jun 11 is too near and Jun 12 too far :confused:

Definitely not worth it to take out a loan for an exam that you don’t even have half the chance of passing.

Jayusx Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Definitely not worth it to take out a loan for an > exam that you don’t even have half the chance of > passing. thanx for ur advice!! :slight_smile: now i know L2 is real tough and will have to really crack my brain even for June12.