Just a thought

U know how the CFA institute sent candidates books for this first time in 2008?..anyone think that completley avoiding the books and sticking with schweser especially for this year is a bad idea? Maybe they sent the books for a reason…to be used seriously maybe? Anyway…i havnt touched them yet. Wondering if maybe i should

mehranhc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > U know how the CFA institute sent candidates books > for this first time in 2008?..anyone think that > completley avoiding the books and sticking with > schweser especially for this year is a bad idea? > Maybe they sent the books for a reason…to be > used seriously maybe? > > Anyway…i havnt touched them yet. Wondering if > maybe i should What I am planning to do is that I will go through all the examples given in the book and solve all questions given at the end of the reading

I’ve been reading both the CFA institute books and the Stalla review books. They follow eachother perfectly. The CFAI books just give more background into the material.

The typical rant on these boards is that the CFAI is money hungry and tired of candidates passing the exams with 3rd party study material.

I think there is some truth to CFAI’s position that candidates tend to fail the exam due to relying on the 3rd party study materials without first having a solid understanding of the testing materials. By next year there should be plenty of CFAI books to buy for cheap (cheaper maybe) on ebay.