Just add oil...

anyone heard this saying before? an old chinese proverb or something… when you’re cooking and really want to turn up the heat, if you dont want the food to burn, just add oil… two more days ppl… just add oil…

Useful, thanks!

im chinese…its more like adding gas to your car to keep going…haha similar meaning. and its not an old chinese proverb. ppl still scream this at sports events…its more like Let’s go warriors lets go!

i thought it was adding oil to the fire to brighten up the flames…and all this while i was picturing it as crude oil.

so Chinese… but it definitely means add gas to accelerate car…

ahhh damn, so i got the saying totally wrong… maybe i was just hungry

i was thinking this was a crude oil pricing question…

I just spent the last year in Hong Kong, studying abroad and working (in PR, not finance, finance isn’t even my major), and I met the most gorgeous and bright girl I could imagine, fell in love, and she always says “add oil” whenever I’m trying to study or accomplish something. Now I’m back in America finishing my degree and doing everything I can to get my ass back to HK and be with her… that included signing up for the CFA exam. So when we have our first baby, I’m gonna name him/her Charter. That was a joke, but hong kong people do have really weird names… so maybe not 100% of a joke.

heheheh damn that was funny

i need some oil on my pizza. Its frkin slow. oh btw, i got 77% on exam 3 AM part so im reliefed somehow.