Just finished equity..feel like shit

So, as the title says I just finished the book on equity and it took me about a month to do it, although I was only studying about 30 minutes a day on average since I havent really gotten into study mode yet. The good: this is the longest of the 6 books and is probably the most heavily weighted The bad:I just looked over and saw the other five books I must say, level 2 is freaking beast and I honestly don’t know if I have what it takes. I’m getting my results on Tuesday and may not even pass, which is why I started with equity, because I figured I could use some of this stuff in my personal investing even if I don’t pass level one. I should mention that I just graduated in May and still don’t have a job. Do you guys think its worthwhile to continue with level 2 for June 2011 if I passed level one or should I wait until I get a job. I’ve just been thinking what if I don;t even end up in ER in my career, than I would just be wasting my time.

you will have to do a lot of work and commit a lot more time than you already have. if you are having doubts about the program’s value-added to your career it will be even more difficult to pass since you will not be giving it 100%. no on except you can answer these questions. CFA materials can be applied to a lot more than ER.

I think if you just took level 1 (I’m assuming from your post this is what you did) you’re tired as well. I don’t know how alot of people do the one in fall/winter and go right into another for June, that sh!t sounds tough. Alot of times when i’m tired I get more down on myself and have a more negative outlook on everything as well. You may just have to cut yourself some slack and back away from the books for a while maybe even for today and go get some fresh air, or do something that makes you happy. Then you can come back to all of this with a clear head and make a better decision.

Its a tough call. Equity is a beast, but once you take a step back and breathe it’s actually not that bad. There are a ton of formulas, but a huge part of it is just derivations of DDM stuff from L1 with a few twists thrown in (using free cash flows rather than D1 etc) and concepts that build off of L1 Equity and FSA concepts. The fact that you are out of work may be a good reason to take it now though. 132 days until test date, if you can commit 2 or 3 hours per day its a huge advantage I think to have l1 still fresh in your mind.

If i were you, and if the result on tuesday was a pass, I would start studying for level 2 while having no job. After you see your Pass result on tuesday, you will feel pumped and motivated. With 4 months of absolutely nothing to do other than studying CFA (and a way to release stress such as working out), you will have a better chance. Plus you will have retained the level 1 material better than June-passers, that will pave your way to level 2. good luck to you man

Dont worry man, i’m in the same boat. Except I havent finished equity. This job market is tough

if you dont have a job, there is no reason for you to not take L2 - if i did it while employed, you can do it while unemployed. You have time to study all the material. WOuld highly recommened using schweser instead of CFAI, though.

Equity is not bad. Look at FRA.

smileygladhands Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if you dont have a job, there is no reason for you > to not take L2 - if i did it while employed, you > can do it while unemployed. > > You have time to study all the material. > > WOuld highly recommened using schweser instead of > CFAI, though. yeah I used CFAI a lot 1st attempt . . . coupled with Stalla switched to Schweser for 2nd attempt hopefully there will not ever be a 3rd attempt.