Just finished the Mock Exam 1

I scored a 72% and I’m not happy. I scored 4/6 in both time series and the PM sections but I realized that I don’t know crap about that stuff and just got lucky. I’m going to go over some of the questions now. From briefly looking over the answers I know I’m going to be upset with the explanations. I do not agree with the way CFAI tests. There were tons of very easy questions that even Level I candidates could answer. And then there tons of questions that were either obsure (Funds from OPS) or subjective (the company being differentiation vs focus). Is it too much to ask for a FAIR test that doesn’t have either gimmees or BS. Just real questions weighted towards the more heavily covered subjects. Looks like its going to come down to luck again this year. I don’t know why I always fool myself that somehow if I study hard I should be able to pass.

relative to everyone elses score on AF dude, u did awesome im hearing a lot of horror stories about mock 1 which im doing tonight

i was 3 item sets in when I got booted, time series was UGLY!

Pink, I got destroyed on Mock 1 today and I posted a similar thread to this. I echo everything you say dude…if I don’t pass this year, I’m done with the program. The exams are not BOTH reliable and valid.

From what I’ve read from years past, people generally feel as though the actual exam itself is fair and valid though. It’s the mocks that are giving us fits, and maybe that’s part of their strategy…

it was the same with L1 the actual exam was a lot easier than the sample exams they had

^^ I will be very, very happy on 6/8 if that is the case

I mean c’mon, I got like an 88% on 2006 exam, and a 66% on mock 1

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I scored a 72% and I’m not happy. I scored 4/6 in > both time series and the PM sections but I > realized that I don’t know crap about that stuff > and just got lucky. > > I’m going to go over some of the questions now. > From briefly looking over the answers I know I’m > going to be upset with the explanations. I do > not agree with the way CFAI tests. There were > tons of very easy questions that even Level I > candidates could answer. And then there tons of > questions that were either obsure (Funds from OPS) > or subjective (the company being differentiation > vs focus). > > Is it too much to ask for a FAIR test that doesn’t > have either gimmees or BS. Just real questions > weighted towards the more heavily covered > subjects. Looks like its going to come down to > luck again this year. > > I don’t know why I always fool myself that somehow > if I study hard I should be able to pass. Your going to pass this year pinkman. Something is seriously wrong if you don’t.

“Is it too much to ask for a FAIR test that doesn’t have either gimmees or BS. Just real questions weighted towards the more heavily covered subjects. Looks like its going to come down to luck again this year.” You know how I feel about it.

Pinkman - join the club. On Thursday I got a measly 68 on mock 1. It totally shot my confidence. Since then, I got a 90 on 2006 (had seen some of the questions before), an 83 on Book 7 1am, and went 85/80 on bsas today. My point is that either I’m significantly better at non-CFAI questions or that was a bad sample of CFAI questions. I hoping it’s the latter.

I got a 66%, my heart is pounding. The damage was spread across all sections except FSA. I might be in trouble and I’m not too pleased.

poop