Just got to Econ... Not so tough

I had skipped Econ back in Jan / Feb so I could catch up to my weekly Schwesser class (a family vacation in early Feb set me back a bit). Just got to it now. Finished the Schweser notes and all the Concept Checkers – moving onto the Q bank right now. Glad to see that about half the LOS are old Level I things – I haven’t watched my Schweser video for Econ yet, but I probably will just to have them confirm that the CFAI is unlikely to retest us extensively on that material. This leaves relatively few LOS for testing this year. Should be pretty easy to figure out what sort of questions we’re going to see. Not saying triangular arbitrage isn’t a pain in the butt, but really not all that bad. I’d also suspect that Econ falls into the low end of the 5-10% range given as a topic area weight. Sure… with so few questions the distributions will be wacky (scoring 70% in all sections gets harder), but it does leave more time to review FSA and Equity valuation. Anyone else here agree?

I am hoping so. I haven’t looked at Econ at all yet…plus it is my worst subject. I should be starting it in the next few days. On a side note, we have a bunch of information that has come up from level I and some that has come down from level III. Did we just get screwed this year taking level II? Seems like everything is on this exam (lack of retention talking here).

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Did we just get screwed > this year taking level II? Seems like everything > is on this exam (lack of retention talking here). I’ll tell you after it is over, but I suspect the year that screwed people in the recent past was last year.

econ is pretty tame in the texts, agreed. i think where we’ll get tested might be a lot of overlap between econ and PM on the international side. that’d make for an easy 1-2 vignettes on some 2 parter econ questions about i dunno, interest rates or something moving one way, blah blah… and then get into some ICAPM action, etc, also. the LOS’s for PM and econ blend nicely. the only qbank i seem to screw up a lot is when it asks like which parity something or other to use and i have to choose b/t interest parity, intl fisher, etc. for some reason i boot those all of the time. formula-wise, not bad on econ really. i’ll take a covered int arb or tri-arb question anyday on the test. econ’s always tricky come test day though. i thought it was one of the harder sections last year on L1 anyways.

Whew… Finally got around to a 60 question Q bank. Got a 93% so I’m justified in having called it easy (two wrong answers in one vignette… haven’t looked at why yet…). I’m so tired I need to go to sleep now.

Well done.

To tell you the truth, what’s been scaring me lately has been my lack of panic as the test approaches.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > To tell you the truth, what’s been scaring me > lately has been my lack of panic as the test > approaches. Can I have some of that? I’m still not there nor do I feel I’m close to it!