Just looking at my 2010 L II Results for motivation...

I was so pissed when I failed that I haven’t looked for a year, but how is it possible I was as low as Band 4? The passing score last year must have been above 70% Level 2: Fail We sincerely regret to inform you that you did not pass the exam. The matrix below highlights your strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Methods 18 - * - We have divided the full group of candidates who did not pass into 10 approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. Your score band: 4 For example, if the reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of candidates who did not pass. If the reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all candidates who did not pass.

If this is Band 4, I’m screwed.

wow that is odd.

Thats impossible !! Your minimum score adds up to 58.33 % and I highly doubt it that you got something as low as band 4.

you either typed wrong, or you’re screwing with us.

Definitely screwing with us, anyone would copy paste it so no margin for error.

I’m pretty sure this is a breach of VII A. Maybe you got everything close to 50 %? Also, I’m not so sure that Band 4 is entirely unbelievable. With it being Multi Choice with only 3 options, I’m sure if you got 3-4 more questions right, you could’ve jumped 5 bands. Surely a lot of the people have to be there and there abouts…? Good Luck for tomorrow dude, dont worry about the past…

Lol tell me how you think minimum score they got was 58.33 If they everything between 51 and 70… Isn’t the absolute min score a 51? Just wondering if this 58 is a random number or actually some kind of math that I’m unaware of I too think this post has been messed with… UNLESS they literally scored among the bottom range of all the topics… But still a 50ish percent seems like it’d be better then band 4 eh

A minimum of 4/6 to get in the mid bracket A minimum of 7/12 to get in the mid bracket A minimum of 13/24 to get in the mid bracket Adds up to 70/120 with the weightings mentioned. 58.33% = Band 4 ??

Thats good analysis , but I think If you looked at everyone who failed, 90% of those would be between 55% and 70%…

I guess it’s possible if you were on the low end (closer to 50% than 70%) for FSA and Equity?

The bands dont refer to any specific range of scores, they refer to the percentage of test takers. Band 1 could the 10% and they could have all scored between 65% and 67%. Don’t read into the band numbers, they dont tell you anything unless you got band 10 and then they tell you to shoot yourself, and 10 more hours prob would have been a pass.

tmortonsmith Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The bands dont refer to any specific range of > scores, they refer to the percentage of test > takers. Band 1 could the 10% and they could have > all scored between 65% and 67%. Don’t read into > the band numbers, they dont tell you anything > unless you got band 10 and then they tell you to > shoot yourself, and 10 more hours prob would have > been a pass. Sorry not band 1 band 10. And to make the point better could be 67% to 67.5%.

If 40% people cleared last year then every band represents 6% of the people who appeared {(100-40)*10} A band 4 means that you are in the top 82%, which also means that 82% people scored over 58.33%. In all these calculations I have taken the minimum values.

Re-read how CFAI explains the bands… They divide the Failing candidates into 10 groups… They don’t take the passing candidates or scores into account. But anyway I don’t know if I’m sure what I’m talking about either since I don’t work for CFA… Who cares though Good luck to all those who have studied hard, and for the rest well thanks for coming out and helping everyone else

Time to hit the hot tub and relax the brain… Can’t wait until tomorrow to either destroy it or get destroyed… Either way I will be able to finally enjoy life and stop living like a loser with no social life

No I assure you I’m not messing with you at all, that’s my actual score. I think like one of the posters stated I was probably only like 10 questions away from passing or something, I guess with only 120 questions the band ranges get really tight.

But not down to band 4! that’s weird however all i can say is good luck to us … If i fail, id rather fail band 7-8 not band 9-10…

I would recommend that this is edited or removed as it’s a clear violation of CFA Rules.

How? We have a results thread every year, why is this a violation?