Just passed Level I? Don't forget proof of degree

i have just noticed that the toolkit web page has added a new link stating Need aproof of degree http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/resources/index.html i have registered for LII since October and i was never asked for a proog of adegree. is there gonna be any proplems on exam day ? have you ever think about that ?!

Do you have proof of a degree? If not there probably will be a problem. Give the CFAI a call.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do you have proof of a degree? If not there > probably will be a problem. > > Give the CFAI a call. what kind of proplems ???

amrcd1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what kind of proplems ??? Well, my assumption is that if it is a requirement and you do not have proof of your degree you will probably: A) not be able to sit for the exam or B) sit for the exam and when you cannot furnish proof when requested your scores will be voided Also, if you do not meet the requirements and register anyway wouldn’t that be lying about your qualifications… it may be a stretch but I could see a potential ethics violation.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that violating Standard 1© - Misrepresentation is a potential ethics violation. When you sign up for LII you have to indicate whether or not you have a degree and indicating you do when you do not is clearly a misrepresentation of your credentials.

I am sitting level 2 in june, I passed level 1 dec 07. I don’t recall ever bothering with showing them my degree, or was this something I would have done when I signed up to cfa I can’t remember. what’s the procedure here, advice please!!! thanks

you have to bring your degree to the exam. as a precaution, bring the chancellor of your school to verify your alumni status

Ok, im sure he wont mind coming. So any serious answers?

well, i guess that we have to send CFA Inistitute an Email asking about when do they need the degree?!! i have already send them an email, No reply yet, if any other guys can contact them it will be gr8 …

No REply yet |!!!

all you have to do is go cfainstitute.org >> Candidate Login >> Manage your Account >> Sign up for Exam >> Then Update your Education The Institute does the degree verification themselves… I would know, my gf works in registration at my university. As long as you actually have the degree, you’re fine. If you don’t have the degree and you wrote and passed LI, I’m pretty sure your LI grades are voided.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As long as you actually have the degree, you’re > fine. If you don’t have the degree and you wrote > and passed LI, I’m pretty sure your LI grades are > voided. Really? I could see them sanctioning him but voiding his L1 scores for registering for L2 before he had his degree? Seems odd.