Just post a number

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Pi.html

Finished everything on time and managed to re-address question 1b. Got caught out by q1a (5 points I think), so 0 points there for me.

Skipped one question for 8 minutes and finished right on time without it

I finished with 10m left, I had cramps in my hand at some moment.

At least 1 wrong answer on a 6-point question.

Both of you used continued fraction for approximation of Pi. :sunglasses:

Thiru Cumaran used 22 / 7 (equal to [3;7] ) Bill used 69305155 / 22060516 ( [3;7,15,1,292,1,1,1,2,1,3,1,12] which is more accurate )

Finished in the am, but did not answer one sub-question worth 7 points.

For even a well prepared candidate, I think it is pretty crucial to have a watch in front of you to track time. The updates from the proctors on how much time is left are not granular enough.

Kudos to those who finished all questions in the am.

The pm portion of the exam was not a problem for me personally, from a time constraint perspective.

Iā€™d love a piece of that pi. :slight_smile:

I was aced on Question 1 A. I wrote something thatā€™s likely to receive a 0, but I just didnā€™t know the answer so I only gave that problem 30 seconds of my time. That was 5 points.

Aside from that, I am pretty comfortable with the rest of my answers. And I felt pretty good with most of PM (*cross fingers*).

Will be pretty devastated if I fail. :frowning:

+1. I think part of it was nerves. I managed to skip it and work the rest of Q1. By the time I got back to it, I am fairly confident in what I ultimately left on the paper.

I left one sub question blank in the first half. Suddenly saw this peculiar 8 pointer which quick-sanded me for around 20 minutes. Still donā€™t think I got the correct answer. From then onwards, it was a race against time. Feel like the second half of the paper was filled with answers that were first to come to my mind. Therefore, even though all questioned were answered, I would not want to put money on how many were correct after that 8 pointer.

Take your pick of the pi:

http://functions.wolfram.com/Constants/Pi/06/01/01/

You still have a chance if you aced PM. I remember there was someone who left 3 full questions but still passed because of amazing PM.

The problem with those power series is that they generally converge very slowly. (No: I didnā€™t examine all of them.)

How would you go about it in a more efficient way if you wanted an arbitrary amount of precision? Just curious

#MathJokes

There may be series that converge to Ļ€ rather quickly, but Iā€™m not familiar with them.

Something to investigate while you await exam results, eh?

I hope Iā€™m never so bored. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ll get on it :wink:

I left three 3 point blank and one 2 point. So total 11 points. I feel like the difficulty of the questions wasnā€™t that hard its just collecting my thoughts, and then writing it neatly is why I didnā€™t finish. Hopefully the ones I answered i Get 65%+ and I killed the PM