Just post a number

I missed half of two questions and 1/3 of two other questions for a total of 40 points left on the table. Pretty frustrating when you know the answers to the questions, but the lack of time is what is going to cost you the exam…

One subpart for 8 minutes. Finished with 2 minutes left

What is the expected result date for Level III? My guess is early September :frowning:

I skipped a 7pt’er.

Wonder what would happen if they tucked in as last question; write a small summary of what the person sitting next to you looks like.

Get written up for looking at another taker or miss the points?

lol

From past exam scores it looks like lower 25 percentile in am is 30% and PM 55%. 75th percentile is around 65% and 80% respectively. Passing score is probably around midpoint with 43% AM and 75% PM a probable pass. Most seem to overestimate AM scores, and 70+ in AM looks like a rarity in the past scores. Almost as rare as below 45 in PM.

that’s interesting. If true, would be curious people’s thoughts on if ‘low’ am scores are due to candidate preparedness or hard grading?

Both I’d imagine.

Most answers indicate that people have not completed the exam.

I need to register for the FRM… I need to get this CFA over with

is this normal that ppl dont complete the exam EVERY yr? or should we act surprised because it was only this yr that ppl didnt completely the entire AM?

I think every year there are threads that indicate exactly this

I was a band 10 in 2017, leaving the 3 last questions of AM completely blank…

This year I was determined to avoid that, so I brought a watch and marked down the time I had to complete each question at the beginning, writing it in the top corner. I managed to complete the entire exam with maybe a minute to spare.

I think entering the AM portion without a watch is extremely risky.

when you say you left the last 3 questions completely blank, do you mean FULL questions, or SUB questions (aka C, D, E)

lol I mean 3 FULL questions, with multiple sub questions under each. It was a killer. Hoping this year having answered all the questions it gets me across the line.

What did you get on PM to manage to fail band 10?! Was it all >70%?

Not quite.

AM I had 6 of the topics below 50%, including the last 3 which i did not fill out. PM I only had 4 topics >70%.

Still managed a Band 10 - I obviously must have scored on the high side within each performance band.

I felt better about this last exam overall, hopefully that means good things… *fingers crossed*

This gives me some hope… best of luck!

realistically what do you guys think the L3 pass rate would be if the MPS was ACTUALLY a 70% on the entire exam?

i say 33%

So you really think that 33% can score 70% or higher on L3? I think people overestimate the talent pool in the CFA program