Just Re-Registered for L3 2009

Any idea when the books get in? I want to obliterate this thing next year.

You failed? WTF? You were one of the star posters prior to June. Were you a band 10? Damn dude that sucks.

how much was that pleasure? I’m scared that if I dont re-register today I never will…

Ugh, don’t remind me. I’m waiting until I have a new job in Calgary so I may actually have this one paid for… Good spirit though pimp, as a fellow 10 bander (I believe I saw that on yours) I wish you luck and success? Will you be parking the pimpmobile around AF parts next yr again??? Still working at LB or going to Asia??

Yes - was a band 10. I think I was very very close.

Sh!t…I thought you passed pimp. Sorry dude. I’ll be signing up later in the week. Need a couple days to detox. I imagine they should get to you in 10 days or so…totally speaking out of my @ss though. We must make it our mission to beat it down next year.

Hey Pimp… so sorry to hear you didn’t get through. Personally, I don’t feel like any of these CFA exams are a good indication of someone’s knowledge of the material. You definitely knew your stuff. I put in 500+ hours and felt that 250 of those were a complete waste based on how the exam was structured. Hang in there and get through this… you’ll be happy you did… Good luck buddy! PJStyles

sorry pimp to hear. and hard to believe. but are you sure you want to start early and overstudy ?? take some rest, enjoy yourself and come back with renewed strength. when i failed level 2, in the next attemp keeping trust in myself was a bit difficult and i pushed too hard… i almost scored >70% in all. was it worth it???

9 band; blindsighted by the outcome…my initial reaction is simillar to big pimp’s: annihilate this sob exam! however, agree with eliapa about starting too early. any additional rec’s for exam prep next year? eliapa, you’re a workhorse! nice dedication to that disciplined schedule you had going.

sorry pimp :((((((((((

Hey, I think i’ll be signing up soon as well to keep the “Level 3 candidate” on my resume, But personally, I dont want to burn out. I think i will start in january. Schweser for me

What were your scores pimp?

Level 3: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 36 * - - 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 9 - - * 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 36 - * - 4 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 17 - * - 5 Fixed Income Investments 13 * - - 6 Alternative Investments 11 - * - 7 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Execution 14 - - * 9 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 9 - * - 10 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 9 - * - 11 Portfolio Management 9 * - - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Derivatives 18 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 36 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

Pimp, are you working in NYC at Times Square? Lehman? I believe to remember your nickname from last year’s L2. I might be wrong. Sorry that things dont work out. Weren’t you acing L2 last year?

i dont knwo what say about mine, still hasnt adjusted with this “fail” status I just think this is so hard, and harder each year; before I have never heard anyone who failed CFAIII, and now… I failed again I saw some people have a 50+ scores passing, in 40/60/80 rule, it is just so weird and lucky this is my second time, started officially in April, did not touch CFAI books except for some chapters with real exam quesions, did all b6, b7 PM, all the mocks… my band is 7; in PM, 4>70, 6 in betw; in AM, 1 >70, 2>50, the rest is below 50… I am very down, I did not cry…but I know, this depresssion will last for a long time next year, what am I gonna do next year? I will go back to Asia, all the new life, new jobs, how much time will I have for really sitting down ans studying I have never failed such tests twice, and i have never been so serious for a test in a long time…I worked so hard, struglling to balance my time in school, work and study I am not a quitter, but should I stop? I lose the confidence in myself now