Just received my new calculator...

I’ve been using the BA II Plus for over 7 years and now I’ve upgrade to the BA II Plus Professional. The design is much nicer, and I can actually read the screen more easily. The case, however, stinks. Love having the new functions by the way (PB, DPB, NFV, MIRR, Duration). If you’re looking to buy this calculator, keep checking Amazon.com. The price jumps around a bit, but I was able to snatch mine for $34 (a week prior it was going for $49). As of this post, it’s listed at $43.

gdiddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve been using the BA II Plus for over 7 years > and now I’ve upgrade to the BA II Plus > Professional. The design is much nicer, and I can > actually read the screen more easily. The case, > however, stinks. Love having the new functions by > the way (PB, DPB, NFV, MIRR, Duration). this actually came in handy on the exam there was a dpb on there

gdiddy, that’s reassuring to hear because I just made the exact same purchase from Amazon, though it has yet to arrive. I’ve had my BA II Plus since undergrad. The keypad could certainly be better.

I got mine for $8 (brand new) off e-bay! Haha beat that n00bs.

I’m not an eBay shopper and I tend to shy away from online auctions. At least with an Amazon, I know I can return it back if something is wrong. Plus my shipping was free. hiredguns1, I’ve read the complaints about the key pad, but I find nothing wrong with it. It’s a bit sturdy compared to the old TI, but I find it less noisy. Just hammer away on those keys with confidence and you’ll have less quibbles about the feel. I’ve tried HPs (10BII, 12C). I don’t see how they’re better other than having RPN–and even with that, I don’t know too many people who care to use RPN. When you look at the calculator market at large, TI owns HP. My original BA-II was the rectangular design with the brown and gray keys. My brother had the same exact model back in the early 90s; only difference was his model was made in Italy.

kevin002: Is it refurbished? I can not understand such a price difference…