Just Registered for Level II

Thank you for all the comments. I’m going to use Kaplan Schweser again for Level II. The Schweser Notes are good for me because I work full time. CFAI text will take too much time away from doing practice problems. So my stratergy is Schweser Notes, EOC questions, CFAI questions on their website, repeat. Lots of mocks, Kaplan mocks, CFAI mocks, and other third party mocks. Will start Schweser Notes as soon as them come out.

MM videos are LOS by LOS … thats why you dont want to miss them. an excellent instructor to be honest… look at LinkedIn - tons of candidates passing CFA levels are majority tagging MM for thankful wishes due to his videos and content.

dont just hear… go verify and search LinkedIn CFA candidates

Thank you but for whatever reason I didn’t care for MM videos. I tried them for level I and they are too long for me, almost like nail biting long. I learn much better at reading and then some sort of classroom for reinforcement.

Level 2 would be big on understanding the concepts rather than memorizing. With hundred of formulas if you start memorizing it, it would be pretty much game over for you. every prep provide has youtube video. Check who can explain any particualr topic best without a slideshow and 100 bullet points .

Just for EOC and probably BB. I used only MM and the EOC questions and it went fine.

Yes. So Schweser notes, EOC questions (CFAI text), BB exmaples (CFAI text), Kaplan Mocks, CFAI Mocks, CFAI online QBank, Konvexity mocks. Schweser also has topic tests, someone suggested do those also.

I’ll second this, I used purely Kaplan and the CFA qBank with mocks and after sinking 400+ hours into it I only just passed - saved by ethics and equity 90th percentile, flopped FRA.

In hind sight I shouldn’t have neglected the CFA material, pretty stupid really. Level 3 is going to be pure CFA.

Also anyone reading this, I don’t recommend the weekly classes or 3-day crash course. It’s just word vomit and passive learning. No real value add in my opinion.

I plan to use Schweser Notes for my main books to read but will drill into CFAI text for places I need more and I’m having difficulty with.

I chose not to do the review course but the weekly classes do keep me on track. Congratulations on passing level II!

Thank you Sir. Schweser are great a summarising, I’d recommend hitting up the blue boxes on top of each section reading :+1:

Best of luck with this beast!