Just signed up for Dec Level 1

Last year I signed up for level one and got burnt out for starting to earlier. I and never took the test. Recently took time off to re-evaluate what i want to do between the CFA and CFP… I wont receive the new level one books for a few days but do you think that session 1 and 2 really have not changed that much over the past year so that I can start Monday on Code of ethics to refresh my memory and then start on quant when the 2009 books come to me? Let me know what you think. CFA says 18 weeks of studying and starting on Monday, July 27th is the 19th week so its a good time to start to not get burned out like I did last year.

you should have written the first time, its a good experience just to see what you’re up against 18-19 weeks is plenty

You need to find a way to push yourself to study when you get burned out. If you quit studying for the exam every time you don’t feel like it you’ll never get through the CFA program.

I’m in same boat. Signed up for December 2007 exam. But, did the exam knowing I was wasting my time. And just signed up again last week. Am too awaiting Schweser books. Did a cross reference on ethics in 2007 schweser with what’s in current curriculum and it’s the exact same. CFAI arrived in a couple of days but there’s a lot of superfluous info in there. For ethics you’re safe with the older stuff!

the 2008 vs. 2009 curriculum wasnt much different at all. I think they just change it around a little bit each year to keep you spending the money on the books

Welcome! I wish your weekends the best–they’ll be sorely missed…

stogman24 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Last year I signed up for level one and got burnt > out for starting to earlier. I and never took the > test. Recently took time off to re-evaluate what i > want to do between the CFA and CFP… I wont > receive the new level one books for a few days but > do you think that session 1 and 2 really have not > changed that much over the past year so that I can > start Monday on Code of ethics to refresh my > memory and then start on quant when the 2009 books > come to me? > > Let me know what you think. CFA says 18 weeks of > studying and starting on Monday, July 27th is the > 19th week so its a good time to start to not get > burned out like I did last year. CFA>>>>>>>>CFP unless you want to deal with idiots all day

I’m just starting too. No job (got laid off), and will be dedicating all my time studying. You all suggest I start with quant and go in the order schweser has setup…then finish with ETHICS?

MissionCFA, I think the order is not so important, as you are starting early. According to me 1st and 2nd revisions are more important. In my first reading, I concentrated on concepts and not so much on remembering. Also, I did all of end of chapter questions. In my first revision, I had started to gain some confidence. My 2nd revision was too close to the exam day, that kept me away from taking more mock exams and q bank questions. Something probably you would not want to do. Anyways, it maybe too early for my advice to be worth anything :slight_smile: Still have to wait till tomorrow. It is killing me. 34 more hours to go! rus1bus http://sandeep-rastogi-fin.blogspot.com/