Just started studying; best way to order topics

I’ve completed Quant and will be done with Econ tonight. What next? Should I finish investment tools (FSA and CorpFin), then jump into the asset classes? I figure I’ll leave Ethics and PM for last. If so, what order for asset classes? Has anyone found another order was more helpful? Or, does it really not matter much? Thanks for the motivation and short study breaks AF!

Given the time constraint, head straight to FRA and Equity. That’s about half the exam right there.

when you’re not studying or sleeping…pray

True. Jump to FSA and equity as they relate to each other a little bit. Then jump to CorpFin as I think it is easy. Save derivaties for last as it is hardest and its weight is the same as others.

If it makes you feel any better, I’m gonna start studying for the exam this coming Sunday. When people say to do the EOC CFA questions, are they referring to the essay questions as well, or just the vignettes?

To save time I am focusing on the vignette EOC’s. If I get extra time (which I doubt I will), I will try doing the essay EOC’s as well.

Why would you guys possibly wait until now to start studying??? It couldn’t hurt to start a little earlier and know the material in more detail than needed to score a minimum pass!!! Please tell me you all have a PhD in Finance or Economics. In all seriousness, study everything and don’t sleep more than 3 hours a day.

JDCandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve completed Quant and will be done with Econ > tonight. What next? > > Should I finish investment tools (FSA and > CorpFin), then jump into the asset classes? I > figure I’ll leave Ethics and PM for last. If so, > what order for asset classes? > > Has anyone found another order was more helpful? > Or, does it really not matter much? > > Thanks for the motivation and short study breaks > AF! Ethics pound for pound is most efficient, since the question to material ratio is high. I would also make sure you at least dabble in each of the topics. That is, I think it’s a higher priority to understand the beginning of, say, CorpFin than to learn the more complex equity concepts. Also, CFAI is known to fail people who bomb multiple sections. GL to you…

yea try to get 100% on FRA and Equity and then look for 2 other sections you can kill (Corp and FI and maybe QUANT). ethics you already know a little bit about but the ethics adjustment is not something to take lightly when you start this soon before the test. pwn: FRA Equity Ethics Corp pray: Quant FI DER PM Econ

Investor83 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why would you guys possibly wait until now to > start studying??? > > It couldn’t hurt to start a little earlier and > know the material in more detail than needed to > score a minimum pass!!! > > Please tell me you all have a PhD in Finance or > Economics. > > In all seriousness, study everything and don’t > sleep more than 3 hours a day. Trust me, if I could have started earlier I would have, but I have a very busy non-business class schedule that just ended. Though, the studying seems to be going well. Halfway through FSA. I think I can do it.

godspeed sir. if you can pass with 1 month of prep, i tip my hat to you!

I’ve been busy starting up a business/traveling extensively (business related)/and working a full time bs job. So I haven’t had time to study until now. Hopefully I wont do too bad. Also… has anyone ever broken out in hives because of too much stress?