Kind of confuse !!!!!!!!!

Having step into a transitory phase of career switching cycle (to finance) at the age of 32, I am finding it immensly difficult to pick the lead or key to success - in particular, should i go after qualifications (CFA, CAIA, FRM) or find a entry level job at IB and give my 200 percent. Considering, trade-off between study for qualifications or job excelence further brings me into confusion territory. Shall i pick qualifcation one by one or finish everything simultaneously and then look for job based on qualification…no answer yet!!!

what’s your current job?

There is no substitute for experience. And no reason you can’t do both. Remember, you can’t get the CFA charter without the experience anyway.

I get kind of confuse !!! sometimes too when I get served a plate of chicken with green things that could either pass for asparagus, scallions, or onions.

Start the CFA and look for a position. If you get a position, mention that you are working on the CFA… many companies will support you (sometimes financially; sometimes with cutting you a bit of slack for study time). If you are deciding whether to accept a job in the industry or keep your time clear to study for CFA, take the job. It takes at least 2.5 years from start to finish, and you’ll need experience for the charter anyway. 2.5 years is a long time to be jobless.

CFA will help but without experience, you’re screwed…just browse the many posts that attest to this. Any transferable finance skills and experience you may have, even if is very minor, will help. Def look for any entry level job to get your foot in the door and start the cfa program. IMO you’ll need to tap good networks to get in at a IB. I don’t want to sound like an a-hole, but you have to improve your writing skills.

First, tone it down on the use of exlamation points. They will not get you anywhere in IB. Secondly, from whom are you going to borrow so you can “give my 200 percent”? As you so boldly stated…

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I get kind of confuse !!! sometimes too when I > get served a plate of chicken with green things > that could either pass for asparagus, scallions, > or onions. LOL

farley, i’d love to see your mandarin or japanese writing skills

I don’t think JDV would approve of that.

JDV can go eat a kung pao chicken while we do this…lets hear you talk oriental, farley…

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > First, tone it down on the use of exlamation > points. They will not get you anywhere in IB. > Secondly, from whom are you going to borrow so you > can “give my 200 percent”? As you so boldly > stated… Great post!

Thanks, been off my game for a bit…trying to get back into this AF thing.

yeah, its too nice out for AF. We’re pushing 30 here which is tropical for Hali!

rohufish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > farley, i’d love to see your mandarin or japanese > writing skills Not only could farley013 not read/write mandarin/japanese…he can’t even read/write english. Also, his logic is usually so off because he’s so stupid that even if he could read/write english well, it might as well have been mandarin/japanese to those who don’t know those languages. I used to be very scared of getting a job in finance and/or succeeding in it…but really, feel much better about it after knowing that farley013 is successful in finance.

it’s cinton’s long lost brother.