KJH

Hi KJH, I am writing to you b/c my marks for the L1 June exam were almost identical to that of yours. I too failed with a performance band of 10 with the main reason being my nemesis, the formidable Quant (<50). Could you kindly share what your strategy is for the Decemeber exam? That is, when you are beginning and what your plan of attack is. As for me: September - Quant! Straight from the CFAi text; no Schweser this time. Oct./Nov. - Redo all other topic areas using Schweser. Practice exams, ect. Thank you for your thoughts. Let’s go to war.

My name isn’t KJH but I recommend you get started now.

Nice to meet you banyay. My plan is similar. I’m also going to read as much of the curriculum as time allows. September I’ll begin since right now I’m prepping for the GMAT. After that exam on Sept 7th, I’m going to town on the curriculum. I’ll be studying 2 hours a day during the week and longer on weekends. No excuses or exceptions this time. The curriculum coupled with the end of section questions followed by Schweser products is how I’m progressing towards December. Our fails may be blessings in disguise. I’ve been told one needs a solid understanding of the Level 1 topics for a good chance at passing Level 2. Had we just tipped the scale for a pass, we may have been well on the wrong foot for Level 2 in June. Albeit this is how I’m spinning the fail in a positive light. I have Schweser Notes/Videos/Qbank/Audio to rely on when the curriculum gets tough and I need a ‘break’. My goal is no subject less than 50% in December with all over 70%. Also, when I’m not at work, I plan to stay away from AF as I used it far too often as a place to vent/complain when I should have just been working to figure out what the complication I faced was.

KJH sounds like a great plan and no doubt you will kill it

good luck guys. and good luck on GMAT. you def have your work cut out but you have a good attitude. if you were in band 10, i like how you are taking exam again. i know a guy in band 10 that is giving up b/c of family. i told him that is like running a marathon and stopping 30 feet away from finish line

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve been told one needs a > solid understanding of the Level 1 topics for a > good chance at passing Level 2. Had we just > tipped the scale for a pass, we may have been well > on the wrong foot for Level 2 in June. Albeit > this is how I’m spinning the fail in a positive > light. This is REALLY true. I noted in another post that those taking on level one now will do themselves a big favor by actually learning and mastering the basics instead of just memorizing and gaming for a pass b/c that would backfire when level 2 comes around. I think your attitude is great- you may come out in dec. w/ a solid pass and great foundation for june '09 level 2 pass. Others who just got by now may loose touch w/ a lot of what they’ve learned and have a tougher time come next June and fail… then you’ll actually be a full year ahead!! Anyone who failed, especially if it was a close call should put themselves in this frame of mind and bit the bullet! Nothing is lost since there is another test date before the next level 2 exam.

I agree with akanska. Also…let’s not forget the same applies for Level 2 relative to Level 3!