Kremlin supposedly told journalists to prepare for "major announcement"

Da, Krync. But maybe the time has come for the boy to start his political life? :slight_smile:

Some fun for anti-Putin Russian speakers

http://putinumer.com/

he’s visiting Gaddafi and Chavez apparently.

I’ve done some more thinking about this. His disappearance comes not too long after Nemtsov’s murder which happened no his own doorstep. My new theory on this is that he has disapperead for security reasons. Probably he views Nemtsovs murder as a direct threat to him. Why else kill Nemtsov on the doorstep of the Kremlin, but to send a message to Putin.

Therefore, I am thinking that Putin is in hiding from the same sort of hardliners responsible for Nemtsovs murder, some of whom might be very close to him already. Effectively Putin has gone to the mattresses.

Yes, I’ve been thinking that as well. He may be hiding somehwere to be safe while planning a purge.

Though it is also possible he had a stroke or something, perhaps while banging a hot young thing in celebration of strangling bear with nothing but thought.

I am curious about what the answer turns out to be.

We may never know.

Anyhow, I thought the guy that was shot was a critic of Putin? Why would people targeting that man target Putin as well?

But Nemtsov was his opposition. Makes no sense

@BlackSwan

Possibly, right wing hardliners killed Nemtsov as part of his anti-ukraninan war stance. There is some evidence that many of these hardliners believe that putin is not being right wing anough in his approach to the ukranian conflict, as hard as that may be for us in the West to understand. Putin is actually more moderate than a lot of the people in Russia.

Therefore they killed Nemtsov on Putin’s doorstep in order to to send a message to Putin that should he continue to be weak on the Ukranian conflict they might do the same.

For those not familiar with Moscow, Putin drives over this bridge every single morning on the way to and from work.

Interesting.

He’s gone on a cruise with these guys:

Nemtsov was opoosition to the hardliners who killed him, even more so than Putin was. Putin wasn’t threatened by Nemtsov one bit. However, the hardliners who are fighting and dying in easter Ukraine now, who want greater Russian support would very much perceive Nemtsov as a traitor to their cause. It is not far fetched to imagine that they are also losing patience with Putin now. WHy else kill the man right on Putin’s doorstep?

^ Uh, because he happened to be walking there?

Actually, Ramadan Kadyrovs guys are the ones accused of killing him, not hardliners from Putins clique.

Palantir, RAMZAN, not Ramadan, Kadyrov’s guys are Russian military hardliners. Exactly the type of people who would be willing to go fight a dirty war in Ukraine, Syria, etc.

Autocorrect brah. Kadyrovs guys are just Chechens bought by Moscow, they are a different clique from the FSB/security secs people like Sechin. Doubt Kadyrovs cares about Ukr.

Plausible but unlikely. They have reason to believe that these guys were tailing Nemtsov for months.

If I were going to assasinate someone and hope to get away with it, I would not have done it right next to the kremlin. This was clearly done intentionally to send a message of some sort.

My belief is that this message is that of a pro-war movement. There are people who want Russia more involved in this conflict in Ukraine and the assasins, who aside from being Chechin muslims, are more importantly russian military hardliners. Whoever sent them was probably from the same ilk, pro Russian involvement in Eastern Ukraine.

Think of it this way. You are a pro-ukranian war Russian military type. You are unhappy with Russia’s half-assed involvement with Donetsk. What’s more, there are Russian politicians organizing marches agains t a war that you want to fight. How would you get this politician killed? You would find someone like Zaur Dadayev who shares the same pro-war feelings as you do and will be doing God’s work killing someone who defended Charlie Hebdo. The guy would be happy to do it.

At the same time, you want to send a message to Putin, who you are getting impatient with. Putin has more or less only been half involved in Eastern Ukraine, because he still wants to be able to say that Russia is not involved. The ground reality though, is that thousands of Russian military volunteers are there already, have been fighting there, and are dying there. They have to be getting impatient with the lack of support they are getting from the Kremlin. So they send a message. You are with us, or we will Nemtsov you. We can get you anywhere, just like we did with Nemtsov.

Then Putin suddenly disappears for a week. I would too.

I don’t think Kadyrov was involved either. I think his guys are involved because that’s who you would contract to murder Nemtsov if you were a Russian Military hardliner. Before we knew who the killers are we all figured they would be from the Caucauses. That’s just Russia.

So many Russian politic experts - i feel right at home

Very true, they could just be hired Chechens by somebody else.

imputint?

they are annexing Canada to protect the interests of Russian-Canadians (who fled from post-Soviet Russia in droves seeking freedom and only bringing their cabbages.)