L1 and CPA

if you prepare for L1, can u give a shot at CPA exam (financial part) ?

good question. I was under the impression that you need a big set our undergrad courses in acctg to sit for the CPA exam – am I wrong?

what is the combination (CFA and CPA) worth??? I think FRM or CAIA fits into the matrix rather CPA … in addition you never get the work experience for CPA if you are working in investments …

madanalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what is the combination (CFA and CPA) worth??? > > I think FRM or CAIA fits into the matrix rather > CPA … in addition you never get the work > experience for CPA if you are working in > investments … CPA is big for equity analysts. most of the short funds have CPAs on their desk.

daj what do you think abt ACCA?

madanalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > daj what do you think abt ACCA? its essentially the same thing. i take it your from the UK - alot of the people on here are from the US so CPA is the most recognised accg qual there. in Aust we have CPA or CA (Chartered) which are also equally recognised. As an analyst it wont matter what accg qual you have - having one should asit you though (well i hope so!).

never heard of ACCA. but that is b/c i live a sheltered american life. my bad.