L2/3 Results July 26th?!

^ ahhhh - sorry 'bout that. lol

I always wondered why it took two months to send a form through a scantron machine…

1morelevel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I always wondered why it took two months to send a > form through a scantron machine… The tests are in English, but the scantron is Spanish, so they have to translate the results back from Spanish to English. It’s a grueling process.

Temporal Method?

Yeah, I got this e-mail. Psyched to see I’ll get the results back sooner - only what, four short weeks? Terrifying but in a good way.

This is hilarious! I would not have wanted to wait for an email to hit the inbox. I know it was slow logging in, but at least you knew when it was coming. This is going to be torture.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is hilarious! I would not have wanted to > wait for an email to hit the inbox. I know it was > slow logging in, but at least you knew when it was > coming. This is going to be torture. Not for me - you can still login (or try to). I like the email system (I was in the early distribution though).

https://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogram/exams/Pages/cfa_exam_results.aspx

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is hilarious! I would not have wanted to > wait for an email to hit the inbox. I know it was > slow logging in, but at least you knew when it was > coming. This is going to be torture. No, torture was waiting by your mailbox and relying on USPS to deliver your results.

CPierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This is hilarious! I would not have wanted to > > wait for an email to hit the inbox. I know it > was > > slow logging in, but at least you knew when it > was > > coming. This is going to be torture. > > No, torture was waiting by your mailbox and > relying on USPS to deliver your results. Agree. That would be worse. I am glad I am done with this stuff.

CPierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This is hilarious! I would not have wanted to > > wait for an email to hit the inbox. I know it > was > > slow logging in, but at least you knew when it > was > > coming. This is going to be torture. > > No, torture was waiting by your mailbox and > relying on USPS to deliver your results. Hahaha. Winner

1morelevel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I always wondered why it took two months to send a > form through a scantron machine… They check all borderline candidates (those who did not pass automatically, but were close) case by case. Not only Ethics should be passed, but also all the questions considered “easy” (for which first they have to find out which questions are “easy”). Something like that. Still a long process though

Valores Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1morelevel Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I always wondered why it took two months to send > a > > form through a scantron machine… > > > They check all borderline candidates (those who > did not pass automatically, but were close) case > by case. Not only Ethics should be passed, but > also all the questions considered “easy” (for > which first they have to find out which questions > are “easy”). Something like that. Still a long > process though Each exam is also hand checked to ensure the scantron didn’t pick up an erase mark or smudge. Plus, the CFAI has to have their exam committee meet to discuss what questions, if any, should be thrown out. I always understood that it was a long process but the additional month it took to grade L2 exams was extreme.

They do not hand check every exam, they take a sample (~10%?) to make sure the scantron is working properly.

I just got my FRM results, passed. Will receive certificate in 3 months.