L2 - List of common mistakes

Is there any thread you can recommend with a summarized list of common L2 mistakes? I really liked the Level 1 summary written by mcf: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?11,764600,764600#msg-764600 Regards

Summary of L2 Common Mistakes: i) Not reading all of the material ii) Not mastering all of the material iii) Not completing (i) and (ii) basically, thats it. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Analti_Calte_Equity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Summary of L2 Common Mistakes: > > > i) Not reading all of the material > > ii) Not mastering all of the material > > iii) Not completing (i) and (ii) > > > basically, thats it. > > Good luck! :slight_smile: LOL

based on threads of band10 retakers, here is what I understand 1) Not solving EOC from CFA curriculum 2)Giving first priority to schweser & stalla and second priority to CFA curriculum (bcos that is how we are used for Level I). Instead it should be other way around

I know 9 charterholders that I talk to often. 7 of them passed using Schweser only for all three levels. Maybe those guys are smarter than the average bear, or maybe the people who fail and blame Schweser just didn’t study hard enough. I refuse to read those texts.

KSTHANE Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know 9 charterholders that I talk to often. 7 of > them passed using Schweser only for all three > levels. Maybe those guys are smarter than the > average bear, or maybe the people who fail and > blame Schweser just didn’t study hard enough. > > I refuse to read those texts. I agree COMPLETELY with you. People who fail will always blame something aside from their own intelligence, so the easiest thing to blame is the preparation notes… I’ve been advised (given my background) to STICK WITH schwser but do the EOC questions for CFAI because retention is MUCH BETTER with schweser…CFAI provides all the necessary information if you need it, but if you have a full-time job (and somewhat of an actual life), time is of the essence…and schweser is enough if you are able to retain it and UNDERSTAND the material Best of luck everyone. I used to use this forum more often, but recently got sick and tired of everyone blaming reasons for failing and GENERALIZING about amount of hours required to pass…Everybody understands material differently; just like in University, some people do extraordinarily well on tests while others study their ass off and barely succeed…