L2 PROOF OF DEGREE?

What is this proof of degree?? I registered successfully for L2. Do I need to bring my diploma into the examination hall??

you’ll need to bring a copy of your diploma to the exam. make sure that the name on the diploma matches the name on your photo id exactly, or else you can’t take the test. also, make sure not to write on your diploma, cfai gets pretty ticked about that.

dspapo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you’ll need to bring a copy of your diploma to the > exam. make sure that the name on the diploma > matches the name on your photo id exactly, or else > you can’t take the test. also, make sure not to > write on your diploma, cfai gets pretty ticked > about that. I plan on keeping mine in my fancy frame, so I won’t be able to write on it anyway, suggest everyone do the same.

Where did you see that you needed Proof of Degree?

yeah this one guy at my testing center didnt bring his diploma and FREAKED out!!! he tried to run home and get it, but never came back so i guess he didnt make it

i don’t know how they obtain proof of your degree (i was never asked for any proof, and my L2 registration status says ‘enrollment confirmed’) but everyone is bullshitting you and you certainly don’t need to bring your diploma to the examination hall.

You had me going there for a second! The geniuses at the US Embassy here in Moscow added a space to my last name when I had my passport done, and that space is of course missing on the one original diploma I have with me… BTW you do need to provide a copy of your diploma to get a work permit here. So I guess that’s why I was suckered into reading further down this thread :-p

“dapoopa” heh heh, da poopa. i’m five years old

Here at the Zurich center - I saw a couple of them being sent back for not having their degree certificates. The girl started crying as if it was the end of the world. But well, if you prepare for this $hit for 3 months day and night and you are not allowed to write the exam just because you don’t have a piece of paper, I would have cried too.

ok, now i’m starting to get nervous. how do you actually provide proof of degree? i can’t find any information on the cfa institute website, i just assumed they’d check with my school. do i need to send them a transcript? give me a serious answer

Cmon SSS you know how it works here at the AF Shop. Rather you were the initiator of the consolidated HMH investment vehicle for dummies.

hey man there really is no information about how it’s done on the CFA website… it’s not like i’m asking you to look it up for me - it’s not there. shrug i’m just gonna issue a support ticket.

Hey I was fooling around buddy. I meant my earlier post (Zurich Center) was supposed to be for the initiator of the post. Not you :wink:

A candidate must carry his original degree certificate attested by the US consulate located within a 100 mile radius of the test center with 4 colored photocopies. At the exam center ur certificate is scanned using handheld scanners and uploaded to the CFAI Authentication Lab at San Diego, where ex-KGB forgery experts examine ur documents AND connect to the university’s database and extract your academic scores of the last 4 years.

wasn’t there a post about a week ago where someone said they emailed the cfai and they said they don’t check, they just take your word for it?

Lol… So much for getting a straight answer

Oh the honor system, just like when eating at Macaroni Grill and the plop a bottle of wine on the table and tell you to keep track of all the wine you drink.

So you got the answer - degress are never checked by CFAI, It’s just done by word of mouth and good faith.

I find it hard to believe that the CFA confirms you earned an undergraduate degree by ‘good faith’ considering the fact that if you hold your pencil for .2 seconds after the exam, you get booted. All bullshit aside, does anyone (someone that actually has taken the LII test already) know if there is any required step to complete before sitting for the exam? I am specifically referring to this page: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/charterholder/program/program_require.html

Back when I enrolled it was necessary to provide proof of degree to enroll for L1. I requested a letter from the alumni office of my university and sent it to AIMR with my enrollment forms.