L2 registration and bachelors degree not yet completed

Hi,

I’m currently waiting from CFAI regarding this question, but I’m asking here to see if somebody has been in the same situation.

I passed all the courses in a bachelors degree. However, one of them (the last one) is still “In Progress” instead of “Completed”. So, I don’t have the degree yet, but it’s only a matter of time. Once the course status is updated to Completed, I will have the degree given to me.

Do you think I should register now or wait (a few weeks) until I have the degree?

Thanks

If you have at least one year of qualified experience you should be able to register still, if not you would probably have to wait until you have the degree. That is my understanding anyways.

Presuming you are taking the L1 in December 2012, there is still some time left for the August 22 second deadline. So if you are not in a hurry to hit the CFAI books (if you are using them that is), it doesn’t matter if you wait it out until then or register now.

Also, I believe you can register for the exam. You don’t need a bachelor’s degree to take any of the exams as long as you are in the final year which seems to be the case for you.