L2 Repeaters: Better Prepared?

With three weekends and four weeks left, where do you guys stand? Personally, I think I have a firmer grasp on the smaller material and I hope a wickedly favorably combination of less tricky questions, no falloff on the three larger sections and a moderate pick up in the smaller ones will allow me to pass, but of course I still think I will not. But I do think I understand a few smaller things a bit better this time around.

I’m definitely in a better position than last year at the same time.

Of course, last year I thought for sure I’d pass given a little, tiny bit of luck, so that tells you all you need to know about my prognosticating powers.

I walked out of the exam thinking I did a good job last year…I was coming down on the correct side with most of the “heavily discussed” memorable problems post exam and was shocked when I learned my score and the “fail”. I’m definitely going to devote more time on Ethics & PM this year, they were my weakest areas. PM they really loaded up this year, but Ethics is basically the same (just need to spend more time reading them and digesting it).

You both will DEFINITELY PASS this Year! Along with the rest of the Old Crew.

WAY TO JINX IT GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUY!

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I walked out of the exam thinking I did a good job > last year…I was coming down on the correct side > with most of the “heavily discussed” memorable > problems post exam and was shocked when I learned > my score and the “fail”. > > I’m definitely going to devote more time on Ethics > & PM this year, they were my weakest areas. PM > they really loaded up this year, but Ethics is > basically the same (just need to spend more time > reading them and digesting it). Wow, way to scary the crap out of me. Ah jesus.

feel better than last year but still not there yet. must admit feels like i’m a bucket with holes in and the water (knowledge) is seeping out. i hope i can get to grips with stuff in the closing few weeks. time will tell

I feel a bit better and a little more confidence growing on the derivatives and quant. If I can keep what I succeeded with last year (FSA and Ethics) and a little bump from Equitites and derivatives, that should push me over the top. First practice exam made me realize there are some questions I am simply never going to get. So be it. Nail the stuff you know, and expand the areas of complete confidence. I guess what is disappointing is that I have doubled the amount of time spent, but maybe increased knowledge about 10%. I hope that 10% is good enough.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow, way to scary the crap out of me. Ah jesus. Just calling them as I see em. Results day was a tough one to swallow after last year’s studying effort (I wasn’t surprised I failed the first time, I just didn’t put in the study hours).

I have a stronger grasp of the material then i did last year, i definitely learned much more since i’ve been looking at this for 2 years now. But im still scared that they might test on a section where the 2 pages of my book might be stuck together.

This time had better be good…

“I guess what is disappointing is that I have doubled the amount of time spent, but maybe increased knowledge about 10%. I hope that 10% is good enough.” That 10% could be the difference.

I feel better, but I have no idea where the confidence is coming from…

I definitely have a good grasp of almost all areas, however surprisingly enough I’m not feeling as good as I thought I would when starting to study again for this. There is a loooot of material to cover so I’m going to need lady luck on the exam. Figured if i do well on accounting and equities I have a much better chance of passing…but then definitely not letting go of any details. The pass rate better be higher this year!

I defiantly feel worse, as I have not studied even half as much… :frowning:

I feel better in general about most of the topics, heck I almost even understand some of the Quant! but I am a much greater stress puppy this year than last. goestoeleven wrote: "First practice exam made me realize there are some questions I am simply never going to get. So be it. Nail the stuff you know, and expand the areas of complete confidence. " agreed.

Focused on the areas I bombed last year (Fixed, Deriv) and feel somewhat better in those and hoping to pass with that and a repeat performance in the areas I did well in (FSA, equity, ethics). Hoping for a higher pass rate too. There are some areas I feel I will never get 100% either, so does anyone else get the feeling that (excluding the outliers) the majority of the testakers are bunched around the mean with little dispersion, so a few correct guesses here and there make all the difference? That’s probably my paranoia talking, that’s probably not the case, right?

What Up all my Peeps!!! I’m totally making L2 my B*tch this time around. N.VanCandidate - Stick with it! we are so close to the finish line! Have any of you taken practice tests? How is that going for you?