L2 topic study order

Hi guys, I would like to hear your opinion on recommended study order for L2.

My study order for L1 was like this:

1)Quants; 2) FRA; 3) Fixed-income;: 4) Equity; 5) Alternative Investments; 6) Derivatives; 7) Portfolio management*, 8) Corporate finance, 9) Economics, 10) Ethics

*As I was in a bit time pressure at the end I didn’t studied Portfolio management as detailed as other topics and instead I covered it mostly through practicing questions.

For L2 I saw few different suggested orders and I was thinking going with a bit different order than I had for L1, like this:

1. FRA
  2. Fixed-income
  3. Quants
  4. Equity
  5. Portfolio management
  6. Derivatives
  7. Alternative Investments
  8. Corporate finance
  9. Economics
  10. Ethics

Would appreciate your opinions! :slight_smile:

You can rarely go wrong if you study in the order of exam weights by section. Although some folks have said they do ethics last because it is a purely qualitative topic and they want the problems fresher in their head for recognition purposes, in terms of spotting similar command words etc.

On the May 2021 Level 3, for example, I studied GIPS last because that topic is not my natural strong suit. Cheers and best of luck smoking L2👍

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Agree on the ethics - my plan is also to study it at the end, not because it is easy but on the contrary, to remain in fresh memory.

1 Like