L2 was hard and all but

This friggin crap is enough to make you insane!

L3 is definitely MUCH harder to study for. I’m going to withhold my opinion as to which level is harder until 6/7, but right now I’m leaning towards L3. The hard thing about L3 is the subjectivity. L2 is really black and white, either you know the stuff or you don’t.

. L2 is really black and white, > either you know the stuff or you don’t. and it just seems like stuff is scattered all over in level 3

level 2 was definitely more compartmentalized and you could generally fit things into nice boxes. level 3 is all over the place, which i guess makes sense since this is the nature of port. management. studying for level 2 was easier, but level 3 stuff is way more interesting to me (RELATIVELY more interesting). so it’s a wash. i just want to be done so I can start reading fiction again. i’ve got a booklist piling up for the past four months that I’m dying to jump into, three unopened amazon boxes worth of books sitting in my closet.

I totally think Level 3 is harder, at least studying for it. The material is way different.

I miss level 1. I went in there knowing I had it cold, the mock exams were almost copies of the real thing. I know I would get the job done walking in and when I walked out I knew I had done that. Level 2 was stress all the way and I doubted if I felt strong enough to sign the pledge. This year, I don’t know if I can sign the pledge. My results thus far are not giving me the idea that I should.

L3 is infinately harder for me. Communication is not a strong point and it shows in the morning session questions I do. It’s like the answer is there, but I can’t get it out on paper in a coherent statement. I’ve worked way harder this year than I did the year I passed L2. Way harder. I still don’t feel like I have a very good grasp of everything. I think I get it for the most part, but not deep enough…which is what this level is about. Trying to shut out the frustration and thoughts that maybe I’m just not capable of this, and just keep going, but it gets harder every day that counter goes down by one.

I can’t even comprehend simple sentences right now.

definitley the hardest to study for. i have a feeling that L2 will end up being the hardest exam for me. But this process has truly been the most difficult.

budfox427 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > definitley the hardest to study for. > > i have a feeling that L2 will end up being the > hardest exam for me. But this process has truly > been the most difficult. Agreed to agree.

Agreed, the 2008 AM was RIDICULOUS. I definitely would have gotten 30 points off straight away due to concepts I know but they were tested in such weird ways (130% of the cushion, hello?)… UGH. I can’t even imagine what we’re in for next Saturday.

to concepts I know but they were tested in such > weird ways (130% of the cushion, hello?)… yeah, i really wondered about that one too… using words they’ve never used before. i.e. is that M or (M-1)??

Who knows… seriously, if I don’t know something, it’s understandable to get it wrong, but I would’ve definitely gotten that wrong last year despite knowing the general topic. And that whole trading one, would VWAP or IS be better? They didn’t really talk about it like that in the reading, I know how to calc IS but they didn’t really lay out when to use which one. I thought that was weak. Maybe the LOS was worded differently last year? Major UGH.