L3 passed, WE not yet accrued: Your application strategy

I have to wait until June next year till I have accrued 48 month of work experience. I’m curious whats the best strategy to get the charter just in time. Any suggested timelines when to join society, when to send out work experience, etc.? Thanks for sharing some thoughts. Guess some of you are in the same boat.

Just send the work experience now. It will say something like 36 months approved if you get approved, and each month that number will count up automatically.

programmer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just send the work experience now. It will say > something like 36 months approved if you get > approved, and each month that number will count up > automatically. How does that work? Do you join as a full or associate member? For example (apologies for hijacking your thread temporarily), I joined CFAI as an affiliate member last year, but will only reach 48 months valid experience in two weeks. The only option I get is to upgrade my membership - can I do that now and it will automatically grant me 48 months valid experience next month, or do I have to resubmit my work experience?

Hmm…just had a look at my account and it says I only have submitted 23 months (which was when I applied to join CFAI) and it has been rejected as description too brief. So should I withdraw the application and resubmit? Or create a new application?

Thanks so far. My plan would now be the following: Send work experience, have two sponsors ready (1 from society, 1 other), and apply to CFAI & Society. Then just wait till it ticks up to 48 month work experience and they will automatically send out the Charter. Is that correct or did I miss anything? Again, many thanks!

I think that’s how it works. Just get the work experience approved now and when you hit 48 months you should be good.

Can anoyone confirm the above is true?

Is it possible to get work experience and sponsors approved by CFAI at say 40 months. Then simply wait 8 months and you are awarded the charter.

Or do you have submit updated information such as new sponsorship certification when you reach 48 months?

When you reach 48 months you have to re-submit an application. If nothing has changed, it should be a relatively smooth process. I just did this the other week, still waiting for a reply. Better to get it out of the way now before the flood of new people who just passed L3 start applying.