L3 Retake - How many hours?

I am wondering for those of you giving this exam the second time, how many hours you put in the first time around and how many hours the second time around?

I did 250 the first time, I am aiming for 250 this time, so a total of 500 hours

First time it was 250-300, this time it wil be 350-400.

What was the problem first time if I may ask? I always thought that 250-300 is a very reasonable figure.

What was the problem first time if I may ask? I always thought that 250-300 is a very reasonable figure.

I did not write the answers on specified places(AM section) in 2011.

I’ve never been good at estimating or tracking the time spent studying, but as my handle indicates, I am retaking level 3 this year. Last year I was grossly underprepared, I was working full time and taking a full course load in the spring to finish my MBA. Basically did some skimming of the material then took 3 weeks off before the exam to CRAM… you can see where that got me.

This year, I skipped a lot of the reading and focused mainly on EOC questions, formulas, and mock exams. Still haven’t been able to dedicate as much time as I would’ve liked (wife and I had our first child this Spring), but based on mock exams I feel like I am on the bubble with a few weeks left (compared to last year where I felt I needed a miracle).

I would estimate that I spent ~180 hours last year, and am currently at ~100 this year with a few weeks left.

I failed L3 last year band 9. Prob put in 250 hrs. No particular reason that I failed, felt prepared, just didn’t get it. So far this year I might have put in 150 hrs, maybe a bit more. Feel I know it better than last year though. Getting to a point here soon though where I’ll know all I know, and I’ll just be trying to keep my understanding of everything straight.