L3 retakers..

I failed band 7. Last year, I walked out thinking I passed, but thinking I killed AM, and thought PM was harder than expected. I’ve never walked out of an exam before, where I failed when I thought I passed. I was so confident, I sent my brother the L3 study material I had (he had just taken L2) before even getting the scores back. After I did it, I knew it was stupid of me; I’m a huge believer in karma, very superstitious etc. My brother failed as well… While I was not as spectacular as I thought in AM, the marks were certainly more than good enough to pass, had my PM score been the normal 10-15% ish higher than AM, like is common. But they were not. I was awful in PM. My PM score might have been worse than my AM score.

Incorrect study strategy - I did too much studying for the individual/institutional IPS questions and other AM type questions, more/less neglecting the PM, relative.

This year, I walked out also thinking I passed. I’m not going to be stupid this year; my study materials are staying packed away until the score release. Did not focus as much of my studies on AM,but I again, thought I did well on it. Although I did run out of time thie year, leaving nearly an entire question blank (question 5 I think?). PM I thought was much much easier. There were 2 vignettes I got <50% on last year that did not get tested this year. One because the topic was removed, and the other was surprisingly absent. Good thing because it was the second year I skipped that portion of the material.