last week prep..

this question is for those of you, like smileygladhands, who have used the qbank extensively. i have finished going through the qbank. it was set to review answer after each question and i was very thorough to and went through all the right and wrong answers. i have also gone through the schweser video series carefully. (they seem to be better than the notes). with a week or so to go, i was wondering how to divide my time between EOC’s (which i started rather late) and the cfai mock/sample and schweser mocks. is there enough time to do the multiple choice eoc’s and one mock? thank you!

Recommend focussing on EOC and doing mocks.

There are likely about 1000 eoc, do the ones with MC, do CFAI samples, then mocks, I would skip Schweser exams and review review review, ideas and concepts.

my advice, in general… definitely recommend doing EOC questions. especially any vignette type questions. FRA has some good ones. also glance through main examples within the text for topics you’re least comfortable with. it’s time to start putting some topics to bed. if you’re comfortable with something, drop it and spend the weekend on the other stuff. Take a schweser mock to gauge how you’re doing. Review it. Work on what you need to. Then move on to cfai sample/mock. schedule your time for the next week. that’s helping me zone in on my comfort level with each topic, and to see what needs work.

just my opinion , I was doing Qbank extensively(did about 20+exams on qbank) until I did a practice exam, boy was it harder and different. you should definitely do a sample/practice/mock and see if you are comfortable with it, because I think it’s pretty different from the qbank. I was actually quite pro-qbank until I did practice exams. I am doing EOC questions now and reviewing schweser practice exam questions.

I think the Qbank is a terrible representation of questions… I gave up on Qbank pretty early on… I agree with EOC and mock exams and focus on heavy weighted topics or weak areas…

I agree with the majority opinion here. Given the time you spent doing Qbank, I don’t think it is going to help you prepare for the test as effectively compared to doing the sample/mock exams. For the time remaining, I would highly recommend No1: do the CFAI mocks, No2: Do as many schweser samples as you can. I did not find the videos very helpful either. The only thing that can save the day is doing practice full-length mock/sample exams. No shortcuts here. Sorry.

btw I was scoring 80+ on the Qbank questions and when I did practice i was pulling lower 70s.

EOC EOC EOC EOC EOC EOC EOC

What do you guys mean by EOC? Scweser EOC questions or CFAI Book EOC?

CFAI text practice questions at the end of each reading.

yup. EOC is the way to go. interesting facts: 1) there are 527 multiple choice questions in EOC 2) there are 67 vignettes in EOC

Anyone think Schweser Book 2 is worth it? I just finished the BSAS mock and I am drained. My original plan was to do Book 2 Exam 1 tomorrow, followed by Stalla Mock on Saturday, followed by Schweser Mock on Tuesday.

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone think Schweser Book 2 is worth it? I just > finished the BSAS mock and I am drained. My > original plan was to do Book 2 Exam 1 tomorrow, > followed by Stalla Mock on Saturday, followed by > Schweser Mock on Tuesday. I inquired about this in an earlier thread too. I found that it didn’t seem drastically hard vs the Book 1, but at this point I can’t seem to figure out what is the most efficient way to use the remaining time. I think I’m leaning towards the CFAi EOC questions as well. I mean, after the Schweser Mocks, CFAi Mock, Schweser Live Mock…the questions just start to flow together, I think a solid reading/Secret Sauce/CFAi regiment would be most beneficial with a week left.

thank you! :slight_smile: