Last Year's Writers

For those that wrote it last year how well did you do on sample exams from Schweser and CFAI mocks prior to the actual exam? Did these translate into passing scores on the actual exams? I’m looking for correlation with practice scores to pass rates.

my advise is just take these exams to learn something new!!! it does tell you something about your prepardness but do not go overboard analysing it. I did not take any last year…

Practice exams are not an indicator of your pass/fail but they are good learning tools. I passed three out of five last year and those where I failed scored 67%. Also Remember you have AM session which will be the main factor of failing for most failures, not PM session.

Failed 3 out 5 Schweser tests???

i take it you failed last year ahb? i’d hope if i scored over 67% on each exam that i would pass.

I am referring to CFAI practice exams, they offered 5 last year

how can you fail with 67%?

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how can you fail with 67%? process vs outcome. My favorite bias

describe process vs outcome (3 points)

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > describe process vs outcome (3 points) process vs outcome bias occurs when people don’t evaluate the basis for their successful decisions, but scrutinize their failures

Process vs outcome: The investor focuses on the outcome rather than asking questions about why the results are what they are. For example, if they perform well, they should ask if the performance was due to luck or skill. Instead, they focus on the outcome only. Is this right? I hate behavioral finance.

MPT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Process vs outcome: The investor focuses on the > outcome rather than asking questions about why the > results are what they are. For example, if they > perform well, they should ask if the performance > was due to luck or skill. Instead, they focus on > the outcome only. Is this right? I hate behavioral > finance. yeah something like that. :slight_smile:

why do people over analyze? I’m just looking for your practice exam scores last year and how well you did on the actual exam. State it and let me be the judge.

^wow totally forgot that cr@p. I’m petrified of the Morning b/c I’m not good at expressing myself, ask my wife.

you see how a grader can be biased. reading the 2 responses back to back, i;m tempted to give more points to the 2nd response althought both seem right.

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^wow totally forgot that cr@p. > > I’m petrified of the Morning b/c I’m not good at > expressing myself, ask my wife. yeah, she told me that… +2 for me!

Why you little…

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you see how a grader can be biased. reading the 2 > responses back to back, i;m tempted to give more > points to the 2nd response althought both seem > right. True, second response is more complete, but mine is accurate too i think, but again, i had difficulty expressing myself ever since that time in a band camp

csk…haha…nice. I doubt I can get an answer like that on the real test and will probably be happy with what you wrote. The truth is, behavioral finance is the most recent SS i’ve glanced through and process v outcome must have stuck in my head. Speaking of practice tests, i failed L2 on my first try in 2006 and was not scoring well on the practice exams leading up to the test so my failure wasn’t a big shock. In 2007, I consistently passed every practice exam and passed the real thing with relatively high marks. IMO, and others may disagree with me, performance on practice exams is highly correlated with performance on the real thing for MC questions. I expect the AM section to be a completely different beast however.

MPT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > IMO, > and others may disagree with me, performance on > practice exams is highly correlated with > performance on the real thing for MC questions. you’ve been brainwashed by CFA