Lawsuit against the FED

Senator Bunning from Kentucky has filed a motion challenging the FED’s authority to bail out AIG. I love this guy!

cool … finally someone is standing up to some of these crazy terms … (although we do we live in crzy times)

Where do we sign up?

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Where do we sign up? Do you seriously want to see AIG go BK?

I seriously do want to see our government stop screwing with cash-rich value investors who just want to scoop up some assets at 1/3 what they’re worth. BUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Where do we sign up? > > Do you seriously want to see AIG go BK? no … but the equity terms made no sense … but the problem with aig is deeper than liquidity … it cant manage its business … poor management … eye off the road … if you believe in a free capital market, the principal means survival of the fittest … sorry … right now the rest of the world is asking what is going over here and I am lost for words … if the bailout was the right decision …well the market does not believe it either …

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Where do we sign up? > > Do you seriously want to see AIG go BK? Yes I do. Sorry if that hurts anyone but the FED behavior cannot continue.

It would be a travesty if AIG failed. As much as I am sick of the Fed and Treasury disrupting markets you have to realize the impact a failure of that magnitude would leave.

IronMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > NakedPuts Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > needhelp Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Where do we sign up? > > > > Do you seriously want to see AIG go BK? > > > Yes I do. Sorry if that hurts anyone but the FED > behavior cannot continue. Hurts anyone? Do people realize if AIG were to file chap 11 tomorrow we’d probably enter a 3-5 year depression? Imagine you get into a car accident and uh oh! your insurance isn’t going to pay out, and oh by the way, the other guy’s neck hurts and his lawyer is calling. Your apartment building has a fire, but whoops, turns out the building doesn’t have insurance anymore, and the company that owns it wasn’t doing so well to start out with.

How is this different from just printing money and hand it to the big guns? Its simply delaying the inevitable. Its like a bunch of boys playing in a field - there are these big guys and there is little me. I play with in my own space with my own bat and ball. The big guys bully the rest and manipulate rules of the playground. Then they find out they have run out of equipment and the gym teacher issues new socks… Crap that story was totally clueless

What you’ve just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

i love you too!

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What you’ve just written is one of the most > insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no > point in your rambling, incoherent response were > you even close to anything that could be > considered a rational thought. Everyone on this > board is now dumber for having read to it. I award > you no points, and may God have mercy on your > soul. Well he did say “I play with in my own space with my own bat”. That just about says it all.

i cant believe this is coming from someone enrolled in the program, the govt. make a killer deal, its loan sharking, tony soprano wudnt know how to make a deal like this, watch 5 years from now. AIG is solvent it had short term liquidity issue! dont go too deep into what the media says with the ‘bailout’ label… when its politician vs. people like paulson and bernanke, its a no brainer as far as i am concerned, whos the fed? who does paulson work for? who does bernanke work for?

haha… had a bad day but better after this Re: Lawsuit against the FED new Posted by: NakedPuts (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: September 17, 2008 04:40PM What you’ve just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

L+850 sounds decent, on an $85BN loans that’s almost $10BN / year, secured by all assets of AIG and its subs. Plus warrants on 80% of the company at a nominal strike. Paulson drove a hard bargain I’d say.

Fed’s terms were very good on the AIG paper. We would’ve been inches away from the precipice if the Fed hadn’t stepped in and provided short-term funding. This isn’t a bailout people. Shareholders got obliterated in this deal. This isn’t the gov’t bailing out the big guy. it’s the gov’t providing short-term liquidity to a temporarily cash strapped company with billions upon billions of dollars of attractive assets. good job Fed. we would’ve been down 1,500 points on the Dow if AIG had filed bankruptcy.

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What you’ve just written is one of the most > insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no > point in your rambling, incoherent response were > you even close to anything that could be > considered a rational thought. Everyone on this > board is now dumber for having read to it. I award > you no points, and may God have mercy on your > soul. Okay, a simple “wrong” would’ve done just fine.

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > IronMan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > NakedPuts Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > needhelp Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > Where do we sign up? > > > > > > Do you seriously want to see AIG go BK? > > > > > > Yes I do. Sorry if that hurts anyone but the > FED > > behavior cannot continue. > > Hurts anyone? Do people realize if AIG were to > file chap 11 tomorrow we’d probably enter a 3-5 > year depression? Imagine you get into a car > accident and uh oh! your insurance isn’t going to > pay out, and oh by the way, the other guy’s neck > hurts and his lawyer is calling. Your apartment > building has a fire, but whoops, turns out the > building doesn’t have insurance anymore, and the > company that owns it wasn’t doing so well to start > out with. I call absolute Bull sh*t, AIG failling is simply not of the magnitude to trigger a 3-5 year depression, get f*cking real. Secondly, here’s a freaking idea, SWITCH YOUR INSURANCE PROVIDER.

I see it as the lesser of two evils: IF AIG were to go bankrupt, I think that would cause a worldwide meltdown. I don’t like the FEDs actions, because now it shows other corporations that they can take on as much risk as they want, because the FED will be there to bail them out… Just my opinion…