lawyers suck. The news is getting out...

this is a great post on a blog (a new internet trend) http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-couldnt-we-have-200-medical-schools.html

that “article” was poorly constructed. That stats were misleading at best, and plain wrong in most repspects. It states that 97% of medical school applicants are rejected (ie not able to get into any mdeical school) - this is way, way wrong. Yes, getting into medical school is reasonably difficult, and it should be.

I thought the article was deeply misleading too. How hard is it to find decent statistics that imply that lawyers suck? BTW - There might be a shortage of doctors somewhere in the US, but I can see a doctor in an hour around here. I can set up an appointment with my own doctor in a couple of days. I’ve been to lots of emergency rooms and there were always doctors to fix my broken bones or stitch me up. It seems to me that we don’t need too many more doctors. Now just try getting a decent tee time at a nice golf course in some short amount of time…

hah. thats the truth. Speaking annecdotally, every person I know who wanted to become a doctor, got into medical school. (This is not a small # either). Not all went to Harvard, but they all went, got through successfully and are now practicing doctors. One thing is for sure, there is no shortage of bitch^ng about insurance companies and $$$.