Lazard

I got a warm lead into this firm for an internship. Now I need to email that lead. This is one of the bigger name firms I’ll be applying for. I want to present myself well. Do any of you have insight about this particular firm that I should be aware of?

Yes, you might be interviewing for the CEO position.

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes, you might be interviewing for the CEO > position. I read about that. I’ve done all the due dilly I feel I can. I’m curious if anyone has internal stories/info to share.

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes, you might be interviewing for the CEO > position. Wow. Can’t say much about them. I know they are very well respected and that AT&T uses them. Good luck!

Quant, do a search over at Wall Street Oasis dot com. Lots of great info on Lazard over there. Also, no history of heart troubles, right?

I knew someone in this firm through a college senior and and its very very well respected in my area at least. Pretty tough to get into AFA I know. More knowledgeable people on the forum could guide better though.

Great firm. Unless you ge tbetter offers from BB, dont snub them

Probably the best as boutique firm can go I heard. Good luck on your interview.

Lazard has a great reputation, and is definitely the most well-known middle market firm around. They compete with pretty much everyone from small boutique firms like mine (we actually just made a pitch in which they are the competition) to GS & MS. Best of luck to you!

Out of curiosity, is it their ‘Night Analyst’ position in Chicago? If so, I’ve known a handful of people who have done it. It’s a $h!t job, but most guys ended up getting solid analyst jobs out of it–a few even got analyst jobs at Lazard.

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got a warm lead into this firm for an > internship. Now I need to email that lead. what does this mean, do you or dont you have an interview?

ahahah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Out of curiosity, is it their ‘Night Analyst’ > position in Chicago? If so, I’ve known a handful > of people who have done it. It’s a $h!t job, but > most guys ended up getting solid analyst jobs out > of it–a few even got analyst jobs at Lazard. Elaborate, please. What do you mean by night analyst?

Think of it as a normal IB analyst role, only that your workday starts at around 4 or 5 pm. It’s designed for college kids who want to be able to put the spreadsheeting, etc, on their resume.

ahahah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Think of it as a normal IB analyst role, only that > your workday starts at around 4 or 5 pm. It’s > designed for college kids who want to be able to > put the spreadsheeting, etc, on their resume. Did you miss the MBA in his name?

adehbone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ahahah Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Think of it as a normal IB analyst role, only > that > > your workday starts at around 4 or 5 pm. It’s > > designed for college kids who want to be able > to > > put the spreadsheeting, etc, on their resume. > > > Did you miss the MBA in his name? No, did you not notice that it’s 2009 and MBA internship oppotunities have changed a little bit since 2006?

No interview, but a solid lead to the hiring manager.

I know they send very nice rejection letters, personally signed. I framed mine.

^ haha.

If this is in the Twin Cities I’m assuming this is Lazard Middle Market - note the distinction. They do they smaller deals and have about 100 people, 60 or so of which are in the Twin Cities.

Lazard = higher pay and longer hours than average.