Leads please

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Try the CFAI jobline. It’s about $40 for a ton of > postings, some of which are in research. That is > the most comprehensive source you are going to > find. I got a research job off the site, as did my > friend who worked at WaMu (he jumped early lol). I’ve seen this get mentioned a couple times on AF. Curious, is CFAI jobline geared more towards experienced professionals, or is there a nice variety including entry level stuff for soon-to-be or recent graduates?

I think most of the postings are for people with 2-3 years plus of experience. There are not many jobs for people fresh out of undergrad.

Under the current climate, if you want to switch your career path, you need to have the right connections.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think most of the postings are for people with > 2-3 years plus of experience. There are not many > jobs for people fresh out of undergrad. Darn. :frowning: Thanks for the info, though.

kp824 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bromion Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I think most of the postings are for people > with > > 2-3 years plus of experience. There are not > many > > jobs for people fresh out of undergrad. > > Darn. :frowning: > > Thanks for the info, though. It does not hurt to try. At worst, you are out $40. At best, you get some experience applying and some familiarity with the types of jobs that come up for entry level people. You may even get a chance to go work for someone. The problem with the entry level jobs is that they are usually either very menial or structured so that candidates are recruited right out of very good undergrad schools. I don’t know what your situation is, but anything in the front office is probably worth your time as someone just starting. From time to time, you will find entry level jobs on the website for smaller / boutique firms. This may require relocation, however.