Least Douchey Luxury Sedan

I drive a 2011 BMW M3 sedan with the competition package. Car guys recognize its greatness, those who aren’t car guys don’t really think twice about it. From that perspective, it’s not all that douchey. I know the 3 series has the douche factor but that’s really limited to the 328s in my opinion. It’s a blast to drive and very practical (other than the bad gas mileage because I drive it like I stole it). I can take three of my associates to lunch and still have fun driving it.

Lots of food for thought here. I think I agree that you can’t go wrong with a TL in terms of reliability and you can remain somewhat understated. I do like Audi’s but two of the head guys in my company just bought an A8 and an A6, so I feel I would have to go for the A4 and the BMW is out.

i work in a very very small company so what I buy is very visible and it sends certain messages. Sounds stupid not to just get what you want but these things enter into the equation.

^ Bought a TL back in 2005 and don’t have any regrets yet.

M3s are tight.

I actually like the 3 series, but some DB’s ruined it for me.

I totally understand and had the same thought initially when I was deciding what to get. The thing about the M3 is that it means something to those who know what’s what. You get nothing but respect from car guys (and most BSDs seem to be car guys). Those who don’t know anything about cars don’t really think twice about it. It somehow manages to fly below the radar and also stand out.

And it’s a freaking blast to drive. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t look forward to driving it. I just wouldn’t get that feeling with an A4 or TL. Those are great cars by the way. My wife drives the MDX and I’m truly an Acura fan.

Maybe a Volvo S60 R-Design (Gotta do swedish delivery on volvo, you get like 12% off and 2 round trip tickets to sweden to tsightsee with the car before it’s shipped back)

Or TSX V6 (It is a body style that is about to end though)

I think the volvo is sweet, also if you drive a lot, they are known for their comfortable seats smiley

i used to have a 2011 lexus gs350 - i cried when i had to sell it

The redesigned GS is a sexy bitch. Don’t think I’m throwing down $50k to buy new though, I prefer CPO. In general I love the reliability of a Lexus, just wish they would design a sporty sedan.

I’m actually in the market for the same thing Turd. IMHO the Audi A7 is the most ball’n, unique, no Ed Hardy type car out there, super classy BSD all the way. Also, its like 70k… which sucks. You can prolly get a '12 for 50k.

Lexus ES is decent if you can get past the new fascia on the '14. Interior is pretty solid.

Infiniti Q50- which is the renamed G sedan is the best value as far as price/performance/features and tech. I think it looks horrible in pics but I’m kind of impressed in person. Also the M sedan is a little classier.

What are you thinking so far?

Also, I’m 6’ 4 so the A4’s and C class stuff isnt really an option. Not sure about you though.

Don’t know yet. Need to get out for some test drives. My mental ranking right now is A4/TL, 3 series, and volt as possible dark horse. I refuse to spend over $40k for a car so I will probably go CPO. I may hold out for next fall for a CPO 2013 Lexus GS.

ill keep you posted, let me know what what you learn in your research and what you land on.

What about IS250 F-Sport? I drove one a month ago after the launch and it was very impressive. Interior is super sweet.

Yea I’ve thought about that one too, but I think the redesign is new to 2014, so I’d have to wait a bit for a CPO.

Don’t go es bros. Iook at the new is. Can get for around 40, still roomy and fresh as hell. Get the upgraded rims though - buddy scooped one last month and it’s dope - I think flyer than the new a4 (which I’ve driven hard and spent time in as a loaner - nice cars but the is beats it interior and exterior in my opinion).

I want everyone’s opinion. I’ve been seeing these flat matte style paint jobs on cars and I’m loving it. What are your guys opinions? If I got a car I would want that haha

What’s everybody’s take on beat up pick up trucks?

I was checking these out recently (I drive an '08 4runner that will be sticking around even if I buy something new - I live in Siberia). I found the IS interior quite a bit nicer actually, more comfortable and definitely more sporty.

Necessary where I live. Nothing more painful than seeing a $80k car smashed into a 4 foot snow drift on the side of a highway.

Not a fan of black matte but gray matte, maaaybe for a weekend driver/garage queen (like C63 AMG 507 edition). Look into the maintanance of them if you decide to get a factory finish, I think it is a little different. One good option is to get a matte vinyl wrap, which you can take off later on.

every extended family should have one as a spare. we have one that is constantly being used/borrowed.

Your username is poop and you drive an M3. Hi Douche!