Leaving the Ethics bit at the end

Hi all I am planning on taking Level 1 in June. After talking to some folks I heard that learning the tougher to remember and slightly more boring section on professional ethics at the end (say in May 08) might be better, since it would be more fresh in one’s mind. Any one heard this before? Is there a recommended order in which one should tackle the material? Thanks and good luck!

well, it is not recommended on this forum, but i know a few people who did ethics and econs right at the end and passed. and i’m going to do the same. but i suggest just give ethics a reading now and then do it properly later on… in apr/may

I’d read it at the beginning…at least briefly, not a very long section. It helps with the mindset that CFAI has and is a good intro.

Read it now. It’ll take you a few hours to go through the ethics handbook. Then read it again at the end.

I have read the ethnics part and thought I am not quite yet up to “standards” in my profession. So I am clear now what is right and what is wrong to do.

Morihei_Uyeshiba Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > … I heard that learning the > tougher to remember and slightly more boring > section on professional ethics at the end (say in > May 08) might be better, since … I found it was better to start with Ethics, and also to end with ethics. Spend a week now, reading, and spend time in May on doing many practice questions on Ethics.

I agree that Ethics should be read at last. But, I do not recommend to read Economics very late since it takes a really long time to absorb all the information. I believe that the material is more difficult than most of the other parts of the curriculum.