Legit Business Ideas

For the longest time I’ve been pondering legitimate business ideas. I truly do not want to work for someone else for the rest of my life. Can anyone share legit start-up business ideas that DO NOT require a large or sizable infusion of capital?

Selling product that makes people lazy…and makes them cough…and laugh…then burnt out steady customers and easy work…does have some risk though, and require a start up capital (but only a few hundred dollars give or take) really though…if I had a good start up business model, I wouldn’t be sharing it online. good luck on your exam if you are taking it?

see it’s a coffee table book aboout coffee tables and the best part is …

haha can’t beat seinfeld

Start a website where people can join networks with their friends, see their photos and their other friends that you may be interested in being friends with. They could also do live updates as to what they’re up to…because you know…people love to know when someone can’t decide whether to boil eggs for breakfast or just pick something up from Starbucks on the way to work. Or better yet, do this at a professional level so people can continue to expand their networks - something like this would be huge during a periods of high unemployment…

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Start a website where people can join networks > with their friends, see their photos and their > other friends that you may be interested in being > friends with. They could also do live updates as > to what they’re up to…because you know…people > love to know when someone can’t decide whether to > boil eggs for breakfast or just pick something up > from Starbucks on the way to work. > > Or better yet, do this at a professional level so > people can continue to expand their networks - > something like this would be huge during a periods > of high unemployment… naaah an idea like that would never work…who’s going to trust you with their personal data and wait you want to do this for free…ha! good luck with that

Ya, you’re right. What about a pizza shop where patrons could make their own pie?

Seriously, if I only knew, I would have started it already.

I have put some thought into opening a non-profit treatment center for drug addicts and alcoholics or some form of outreach to at risk kids after I get my charter.

how about a sitcom about nothing?

The only idea that seems viable is the idea where patrons make their own pizza (but I would be weary regarding health and safety issues). @Turkish, thanks for trolling and suggesting facebook and linkedin (pizza idea was legit) @fomer trader, again you’re a troll for suggesting Seinfeld

Is everyone here just happy working for someone for the rest of their lives?

Zesty Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is everyone here just happy working for someone > for the rest of their lives? Hell no.

Actually its too much to ask for business ideas from a forum where members have generally completed almost 20 years of formal education and are looking to study even further, had they some compelling business ideas, they would have acted on them rather than ruining their summers reading for a test

black_label Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Actually its too much to ask for business ideas > from a forum where members have generally > completed almost 20 years of formal education and > are looking to study even further, had they some > compelling business ideas, they would have acted > on them rather than ruining their summers reading > for a test Agreed. Is it actually a surprise that the majority of people on this forum DO want to work for a major company? Why else would we be wasting countless hours stressing and studying over CFA exams even after finishing degrees… If we wanted to open a business and be an entreprener, I would have done that years ago with no or little education. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure taking route may lead to a great life…but I’m more interested in stability.

I agree with you, Zesty about not wanting to work for someone else for the rest of my career. It would be ideal at the end of a 20-30 year career to walk out the door with some equity, rather than a DQ ice cream cake and ‘potentially’ a very small pension.

Zesty Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For the longest time I’ve been pondering legitimate business ideas. I truly do not want to work for someone else for the rest of my life. Can anyone share legit start-up business ideas that DO NOT require a large or sizable infusion of capital? At the risk of stating the obvious given the forum, what about starting a RIA, making markets, or doing consulting?

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Zesty Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > For the longest time I’ve been pondering > legitimate business ideas. I truly do not want to > work for someone else for the rest of my life. Can > anyone share legit start-up business ideas that DO > NOT require a large or sizable infusion of > capital? > > At the risk of stating the obvious given the > forum, what about starting a RIA, making markets, > or doing consulting? “to do consulting” you kind of need to have X years of experience in an industry before anyone will believe you. i have a friend who is a waste of life who “pretends” to have been an operations management consultant at McKinsey AND a MD at a currency broker called Eurobrothers. his profile is on linked its pretty sad. he doesnt even have a college degree. anyway, thats the risk you run of trying to be a "consultant’ at a young age…nobody believes you

Zesty Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is everyone here just happy working for someone > for the rest of their lives? Well your mistake was trying to have a serious discussion on this forum. At the risk of feeding the delusion: how about you start thinking about problems to solve, or perhaps problems that will be needed to be solved in the future. What have you noticed in your daily life?

its also the week of the exams mate …some of us havent earned the prestigious designation yet and are a bit stressed out right now…so your first lesson is timing, timing young Zesty is everything