Legitimate Question

Is it legit to abstain from voting in my mind, if you dont like either choice, then yes although i can see both sides thoughts…

Its your right to vote, not your duty.

free country

The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." – John Philpot Curran, 1790 Vote, pick the lesser evil.

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Its your right to vote, not your duty. I consider it more as a privilege.

Well, I may not vote depending on who I decide to vote for because my state is already decided…so it really means nothing.

The problem with voting is it always seems to rain on Election day, and I am not getting out of my car more than I have to.

If you don’t vote don’t complain about the job any incumbent is doing as you had no part in the process either way.

The Freakonomics blog had a post on this–search it. They concluded that there was no rational reason to vote, even if you were strongly for one candidate.

Luckily by note voting you dont give up your right of free speech…so complain away!!!

in my mind, not voting makes just as much of a statement as voting does

“if you dont like either choice” Either choice? Nobody constrained you to two choices. I’ll be voting for one of the following: Ron Paul, Tom Tancredo, Micheal Bloomberg, Colin Powell.