LEH at 4.27...!!

I heard the GS rumor also…could go down this weekend

chrismaths Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are you sure? That restructuring plan looks the > work of an angry man. > > It looks like a F*** you to everyone: “We don’t > need no goddamn capital, I’ll show you how stoopid > you are > I’lldonothingandyoullseeitllcomegoodyoubastardsaaa > rgghh!!!” *Thud* You are correct, It’s between bargaining and anger … ambivalent display by the CEO

Yes, this is probably its last weekend, given Paulson’s penchant for weekend work

Its now at $2.16 and now even CNBC is reporting the Analyst Forum rumors about GS.

Nomura and HSBC more likely candidates than GS

It’s $4.83. The source I saw was http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2008/09/lehman-end-imminent.html and there’s more chance of Northern Rock taking over LEH than HSBC.

Mixed up how much it was down with its actual price…LOL!

As an employee I want HSBC rather than GS. GS will lay off LEH employees in thousands

So far, from this thread we have probability as buyer: GS

blackrock <> IB Investment banking not exactly a growth industry.

the last column represents the last price for the contract which is the right to sell 100 shares of LEH at 2.50 or 5.00 between now and tomorrow. However just because the last trade is .17 or .66 doesn’t mean you can trade it there. the Bid and Ask determine what you could actually trade it for. To calc how much you pay you have to take the price X 100 (because you’re dealing with contracts of 100 shares but a quote on a per share basis). So if you bought 1 put at .17 you’d pay $17 + commissions.

nbkn9xu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maybe one of you could explain how the puts below > work. They expire 4 pm on fri. So I get that 2.5 > is the strike price but I don’t get what “last” > means. It can’t be the premium right? How do I > know how much it’s going to cost me? Not trying to > buy anything but everyone at work is talking about > LEH so I got curious. > > Strike Symbol Last Chg Bid Ask Vol Open Int > 2.50 LYHUZ.X 0.17 0.00 N/A N/A 22,210 31,864 > 5.00 LYHUA.X 0.66 0.00 N/A N/A 28,933 47,299 Last is the “last sale.” If you were to buy this, it would be based off of the ASK price. As of 1:05 PM MST, you would pay $0.47 or $47 per contract (plus commission).

so are all the contracts for 100 shares? so for $47, I get the right to sell 100? How do you tell you if it’s a good deal or if it’s too expensive at this price?

you learn Black-Scholes, then you take the CFA exams and learn that Black-Scholes is a bunch of poo, then you use it anyway.

Im hearing BAC may buy LEH’s IB division…

jbisback Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Im hearing BAC may buy LEH’s IB division… I heard ResCap is planning to buy LEH…thorugh Cerberus

nbkn9xu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so are all the contracts for 100 shares? so for > $47, I get the right to sell 100? How do you tell > you if it’s a good deal or if it’s too expensive > at this price? Well, but do you think (since B-S probably doesn’t work at all here)? Will LEH trade at < 2.50 on Friday and, if so, by how much? At this point it really is about that simple.

to be honest i wouldn’t fool around with getting long penny options unless you’re able to experience a 100% loss with no problem. friday expiry complicates the issue because there is a good chance the ultimate settlement won’t be known until the weekend. anyone believe a consortium of PE firms buying LEH might actually save a lot of the employees? less overlap with a PE firm than with BAC or HSBC

According to the WSJ one of the potential buyer is Barclays

I wish Paulson would stop making these weekend announcements. As someone working in the Asian markets, the Monday relief rally is too short-lived to even enjoy.